Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers for 00' ta

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers for 00' ta

Hey guys I have a question 2 ask, I have a 00' ta with a magnaflow cat back, slp 2.5" y-pipe. ported tb, mti clear air lid, ram air intake, and wanted to get some headers? I wnated to know what type I should get that are the best for the lowest price, thinking of some pacesetters, but the headers, will they eliminate the cats, or will mess with emissions? What im trying to say is i need some headers that are the best for the buck(which is the cheapest) and if they will not mess witht he emmissions, and how much wud they cost to install, need to drop the engine? thanks guys hope to hear from you soon!
Old 12-13-2006, 11:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You can get Pacesetters with emissions and get a catted Y pipe for them if you need to deal with local emissions. You can eliminate cats or emissions or both if you prefer. Typical install at a shop can range from $300-$500. Most people install them themselves though. It's not too hard to do.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Resident

no need to drop the engine... pacesetter mid tubes are good for emissions.... and cheap.... oh and DO it yourself don't pay for something that really isnt that hard to do it yourself!!! if you own a jack, jack stands and some tools then your good....
Old 12-14-2006, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

im really not too good with cars, but if i installed pacesetter LT's, what would be the neccessary tools to use and is it like a pull out and slip in? Du they just install b4 the cats?
Old 12-14-2006, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by aovall1
im really not too good with cars, but if i installed pacesetter LT's, what would be the neccessary tools to use and is it like a pull out and slip in? Du they just install b4 the cats?
dont know of a header the installs after the cats.
you will need basic hand tools to do the job. a good set of sockets, and a 10 mm gear wrench will help you ALOT with the rear coilpack bolts, and also the header bolts. for my mac mids, the driver side went in VERY easily. the passenger required alot of wiggling, and tugging, but it eventually went in. the hardest part of the whole install honestly, is breaking loose the stock bolts for the y-pipe.
BTW, if you do get pacesetters DO NOT i repeat DO NOT use the paper gaskets that come with them, they WILL leak. Either go with some fel-pro's or some replacement GM gaskets (thats what i did), alot of people even re-use the old ones depending on what kind of shape they're in.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

No flp's unless you DONT plan on droppin it in the future. They hang low and not in a good way.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:47 AM
12 Second Club

a pace header and catted y can be had for around 700-800. the header bolts to the engine and the y bolts to the header. a long tube header install can take anywhere from 3-12 hours depending on tools patience and knowledge. it took me nd a buddy 8 hours with lots of runs to the store for tools and breaks for lunch. total labor time was 5 hours. this was my first header install also. i resued my old gaskets because they were in good condition. 20k later and still no leak.