Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Cam

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 12:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS2 Cam

I am in the process of beginning an LS2 swap from an 05 GTO to 69 Camaro. While the engine is out of the car I was going to swap the cam to a Livernoise Stage II (232/236 @ .050 .600 lift (114 lobe separation angle). I will have a the harness custom made and headers with no cats. Are there any other upgrades you would recommend while adding the cam? Money is an issue. I plan on keeping the car forever so a possible L92 head could be in the not too distant future along with other cost involved upgrades. Also should I swap out the stock T56 clutch now or wait till I need it. Any suggestions or recommendations from past experience would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, John
Old 12-27-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting to the clutch out of a vehicle is alot of work. I just did mine over the weekend and it's def a pita. Although if the clutch is close to new you could wait. You may want to look at the clutch while it's out of the car and see how much friction material is left on the disk and gauge it from there. The ls2's come with ls6 243 head castings. I can't recall the flow #'s comparing the two, but the ones that are already on it are a nice flowing pair if cash is an issue. As far as other mods for supporting the cam go- I don't know if the problem with the weak pushrods had been fixed on the ls2 so you might want to look into that. That much lift is pushing it for those stocker ls6 springs. You can get a set of patriot gold dual springs with titanium retainers from one of our sponsers for a very reasonable price. And you might want to consider a double timing chain for insurance and maybe a set of lifters, ls7 would be a great budget option.