Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spark plug ques.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spark plug ques.

the spark plug wire coil pack that connects underneath the exhaust manifold...you can just yank it out right?
Old 05-27-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you mean the plug wire boot, don't just yank, can pull the rubber boot apart. Better to try to twist the rubber if you can to break it loose, then pull it off. On reinstall, put dielectric grease on the boot so it tends not to stick. They have it in small packs (like ketchup packs) at parts stores for single uses,or you can buy a tube.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i never replaced spark plug this is the first time......i was taking off my exhaust manifold putting in my headers and accidently knocked off a piece of the outer shell of the spark plug the white part stickiing out. the metal part is fine, would i need to replace the plug now?
Old 05-28-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For sure the spark plug needs to be replaced and since you are swapping headers it is the best time to do so . Goahead and take the sprak plug wires and then the sprak plugs themselves and it will be one less thing for the headers to get hung up on .

Be careful as I have had spark plugs with just hairline cracks and it will cause the car car to have a slight miss when on the throttle . Be sure to check the sprak plugs that you buy as they can crack easy as well or maybe been dropped .
Just take your time when putting in new plugs , check the gap and dont put them in too tight so when you have to swap them out again it will not be hard .