Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free mods??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free mods??>>

Im going to be doing an H/c swap and as far as parts go with the induction i dont wanna buy something i could do for free. would someone tell me what they think about these free mods. THANKS!

- FREE ram air mod (if you cut the plastic out the air will already be going by there for the radiator so why by like a FTRA)
- Port the maf housing, just cutting out the vertical metal bars and wet sanding it, cheaper then buying a $90 maf housing.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Free mods??>>

If your going with H/C id get a FTRA. works much better than the free mod. also if the car is an auto dont mess with the MAF. It can screw with line pressure and shifting, just leave it be.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:50 AM
10 Second Club

I love the FRA (free ram air) mod and truly believe that it helps. I also like the 'cut EGR' ('98-'00 cars) free mod as well as descreening the MAF. But the ported MAF mod I'm not quite as sure about, while it might not do much for you on a stock motor it could help on a heavily modified one...it does involve some sensors and computer related things that worry me though so be careful with that one.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:02 AM
On The Tree

Save yourself a lot of time and frustration - leave the MAF alone. The stocker is more than sufficient for these cars.