New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolt-on results

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I STRONGLY recommend you don't buy the worthless "smooth bellows" and stay away from the ripoff y-pipe, too. On that note, I wouldn't buy a Predator if it was $20.

Buy the SLP lid and get a bolt-on dyno tune. Most tuning shops will do that for $200-$250. Only get a dyno tune if you're sure you won't be doing anymore mods in the future. Changing anything on the car will throw it off, and why pay for a tune twice?

All the other mods are a waste of money. The smooth bellows does nothing but crack lids and causes lids to rub against the hood by taking the flex out of the intake, and doing anything to your y-pipe is useless until you get longtube headers.

The stock y-pipe isn't hurting you, the manifolds are the bottleneck in OEM system, outside of the stock muffler, of course. All a new y-pipe is going to do is make your exhaust note a little deeper.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by _JB_
The ls2 flywheel is heavier than an ls1/6 for sure. How much more, I would say maybe 10lbs total for the flywheel and clutch.
Okay cool thanks.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my opinion is... you save a little longer and get headers, ypipe and exhaust. and the slp flowpac which comes w/ a lid, filter, and smooth air bellows. with all that and a tune, you should see pretty close to 350.