Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuner question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuner question

Iv'e Been Wanting To Get A Hand Held Tuner For My 01 Z28 After My Header And Exhaust Install And Really Like The Crane Cams Version.would I Be Better Off To Have A Pro Tune It Or Would I Be Ahead To Get The Crane Power Tuner And Do It Myself? Does Anybody Recommend A Different Brand?
Old 12-13-2007, 12:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely better to get it tuned by a professional. Just make sure you find out how good of a job that person has done tuning other cars. I'm waiting for my cam to go in to get rid of my handheld programmer and get it tuned by a a pro.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hand held tuners are a waste of money unless you want a tool that will help you find trouble codes. All they really do is bump up your rev-limiter, adjust other minor things like calibrating for gears, or having your fans come on at a lower temp.

Go with a pro like PCM's for less. They will get you exactly the tune you are looking for that will not be attained by any hand held tuning device on the market. Plus as the above post mentions, they are the pro's for a reason, as they do this all the time.