Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window problem

well my drivers side window has always been weird.. it would go up at a weird angle and i'd have to pull the front corner of it back sorta, so it would seal good enough, never perfect though... i guess after months of doing that, it decieded to break lol..

it's hard to explain, but it looks like there's one track that goes up and down.. that one is okay i think, but there is a weird metal connecter that looks like its broken off the track that regulates how far the window can move from left to right... has anyone ever had this kinda problem? i don't know how to fix this.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need a new window regulator. you might has well replace the motor just in case.

if you crack open your door panel, between the two sheets of metal is the motor (nearest to the car frame) and the regulator. The regulator is the scissor-looking mechanism that attaches the motor to your window. This is the mechanism that lifts and lowers your window. A rivet or nut must have came undone or loose on yours which messed up the alignment of the regulator. A new regulator and motor can be bought at autozone for ~$100. You can easily do they install yourself if you have patience.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my driver window has to be pulled up toward the pillar as it's apparently off track or something.. is this the same deal? the window rolls up towards the back of the door but doesn't seal and leaves a nice gap.. hope this explanation helps. if not i can snap a pic of what i'm talking about. any ideas?
Old 01-31-2008, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

a pic would be cool because I don't have access to a camera, but as slayer said, it's probably the regulator... it's always had a weird non aligning gap, but now it just moves from left to right about 5-6 inches if I pull on it... Theres a weird 'bolt/rivit' type thing that is supposed to go from the frame? to the metal on the bottom of the window.. it looks torn out or something.. i can't describe it
Old 01-31-2008, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

this is one of the most retard things i've done, but it might help in some way shape or form..

the roller has some weird attachment on the other side of it, i'm not sure what its called or how to take it off, but it is supposed to be inside the metal hole i put on the drawing, I could only assume.

right now the window is not on that track at all.. the window goes up and down fine (with me guiding it where to go), it just has a LOT of play