Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem with shifting

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with shifting

OK before anyone suggests it, its not a problem with the CAGS... so here's the problem, Every once in a while the car will not shift into any gears, this happens when im stopped or moving. i noticed last night when it wouldnt shift into first or reverse if i engaged the clutch and put the shifter in those positions the car acted like it wanted to move in those directions. upon closer inspection i noticed that the clutch peddle was half way depressed even when i let off of it. I pumped the clutch a few times and it finally came back up, and when it did i was able to put it in gear again. this has also happened while driving between second and third gear one time, again the clutch peddle was half depressed. after pumping it again it worked fine. I checked the hydraulic fluid and its full. Only thing i could think of was the slave/master cylinders. What do you guys think, any suggestions. (I have access to a shop to work on the car, i just wanted to explore all options before i took the tranny out the check the slave/master) the clutch is holding fine, no slipping etc, so i dont think thats the problem. UGGG just got the car. still if this is the only thing, ive still got a great deal
Old 05-04-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Almost sounds like a slave cylinder to me
Old 05-04-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95GreenZ28
Almost sounds like a slave cylinder to me
thats what i thought, i just didnt want to start on it till i got some imput, they can be a bit of a pain. At least its relatively cheap (better than needing a new clutch LOL)