Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with EGR quick

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with EGR quick

Im in the process of taking my EGR and AIR crap off. The AIR is off and block off plates are on. The problem is with the EGR. Where it goes into the Intake Manifold(FAST 78) there is a little gasket in there. I was just curious if you just put a block off plate on the top of the Intake is there enough suction there that it will pull that gasket through? Or should I just scrap the gasket all togeather? Or should I make some kind of tube that will go down into the intake just a little ways and put the block off plate on top of that?
Old 05-18-2008, 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured it out. Just made a round stainless steal piece that was tappered at the bottom then made something to screw into the whole and hold this piece down right in the middle. It seals just fine, now for the AIR portion is a different story.

One question I do have is is it ok to just shut off the AIR and EGR codes in the computer(delete them so the computer doesnt even know they are there)? Or do you need to do that and get a tune? If the check engine light is off it shouldnt go into the "closed loop"(rich tune) should it?

Last edited by BLK85; 05-18-2008 at 04:40 PM.