Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coolant sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant sensor?

Bare with me on this. I have a speartech harness that he re-worked and it's from a 99 camero. The motor is a 4.8 from a truck. The problem I have is the coolant sensor in the harness is 3 wires the sensor on the block is for a 2 wire hook up. I talked to John at speartech and he said get a sensor for a 99 but they are also 2 wire. Id just give him a call but its the weekend. I would like some info on what I have or a part number for the sensor I need Thanks
Old 08-02-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't know anything about the 4.8 or what year you're talking about, but on the '98 F-body the ECT is 3 wire - then in '99 and up went to the 2 wire. '98 was the last year they actually gave good info, probably because of the 3 wire and the way the PCM processes it for the gauge cluster. Don't have the PNs but they're definetely different, as are the connectors. I'd wait and give them a call, unless you want to just try a 3 wire sensor and see what happens.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks after looking around on here and other places I have the info I needed. PN is a 12551708 for a 3-wire. I guess all the info and ques. I have and need is on this site I just need to spend more time looking for it.