New Products Showcase Come inside to see the newest hardware!

DashDAQ - view and log ECM data and more

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 01:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default DashDAQ - view and log ECM data and more

Here is some information on the new DashDAQ. It connects to virtually all OBD II (1996 and newer vehicles) and can show ECM/PCM data and also connect to other data acquisition devices. It has a high resolution/high color count display. A lot of additional features will get added over time as well. This product was one of the award winners at last year's SEMA show.

I have been testing out the DashDAQ on several of my vehicles and some of the vehicles at the shop. It easily mounts to the windshield with the supplied suction cup mount. On OBD II vehicles it lets you read codes, clear codes, log ECM/PCM data, connect to other gauges and data acquisition systems, calculate fuel economy, vehicle performance and many other features. A GPS interface for navigation and for track mapping will also be coming out soon.

I tested the fuel economy calculations compared to several vehicles that already have on-board fuel economy data and it was very similar. Right now the software gives only you instantaneous fuel economy.

Here is a picture of it:

An image to show you the screen resolution:

Because it can read in other data acquisition systems and sensors (in addition to the vehicle sensors), it can be used as a boost or EGT gauge and it can also connect to AFR meters to display actual AFR. It can connect to the analog voltage out on most AFR meters and it can also connect to the serial data AFR and other sensor data on the Innovate AFR meters. Support for other data acquisition interfaces is also being added.

It logs the data to an SD card so you can have ECM/PCM data and because it can connect to other systems and sensors, you can view and log all the data in one system (without having to have a PC in the vehicle all the time).

We are one of the beta sites for the hardware and the new software so we will be testing out some of the other features, interfaces etc. If you think of something that would be useful to add, email me, PM me or post on this forum thread.

We have some additional information and pictures on our eBay store. Here is a link to it on our eBay store. We should have it on our web site soon as well.