LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Nitrous Oxide (https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide-10/)
-   -   Need Inexpensive Progressive Controller (https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/1034923-need-inexpensive-progressive-controller.html)

Robert56 12-17-2008 02:56 PM

Need Inexpensive Progressive Controller

I am looking for an add on progressive controller like the HSW Angle. The only problem with using the Angle is that it's for small load solenoids only. I already have the MicroEdge and Interface. The Interface can now allow us to use a progressive hit on the dry kits, yes progressing the injectors. (will work for standard kits too)

However, don't try this unless your Interface was shipped after Sept '08, and you can send your current Interface back for upgrading. Anyway, i was hoping that there was another add on progressive control box out there that just has the progressive feature and not much more?

Robert

Reaper SS 12-19-2008 10:03 PM

I've used the FJO with good sucess but it does need a laptop to program it.
I believe it will control the larger load noids.

myfast70 12-20-2008 01:25 AM

Why not just use the Angle to toggle relay's instead of the solenoids. That way you have a very minimal investment. I've got the NOS mini progressive on my '70 but I've only had to use it for its window features so far. It is a pretty basic controller. The FJO has a lot more control but as mentioned above you need a laptop for programming.

Gimp98TNT 12-20-2008 12:34 PM

I run a mini FJO box, It works with the bigger noids plus it can activate a 2nd stage also.

Beaflag VonRathburg 12-20-2008 01:18 PM

If I remember correctly there is a guy in the for sale section selling a NX maximizer for $100. I think it's the older one, but you could search for it.

EDIT: https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...ace-parts.html

NXRICKY 12-20-2008 01:48 PM

http://www.trickperformanceproducts....dial_image.jpg

Robert56 12-20-2008 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by NXRICKY (Post 10698371)

Ricky which one is that? That's prob what i am looking for. i want an add on driver box that will work with my existing MicroEdge and Interface, or at least a controller that I can through into the mix.

I know the FJO progressive will work in place of the MicroEdge and have helped set one up, but am keeping the current MicroEdge.
Robert

Robert56 12-20-2008 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by myfast70 (Post 10696590)
Why not just use the Angle to toggle relay's instead of the solenoids. That way you have a very minimal investment. I've got the NOS mini progressive on my '70 but I've only had to use it for its window features so far. It is a pretty basic controller. The FJO has a lot more control but as mentioned above you need a laptop for programming.

Hmmm... Interesting I never thought about that? Wonder if the low amp side can take progressing or the many on/off actions. I have used the low amp side for triggering stages and ended up going another route due to it not working all the time so am skepical.
Robert

ShiznityZ28 12-20-2008 03:55 PM

Robert atv has a fjo progressor and an fjo window switch.

NXRICKY 12-21-2008 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Robert56 (Post 10698858)
Ricky which one is that? That's prob what i am looking for. i want an add on driver box that will work with my existing MicroEdge and Interface, or at least a controller that I can through into the mix.

I know the FJO progressive will work in place of the MicroEdge and have helped set one up, but am keeping the current MicroEdge.
Robert

Dynotune and Nitrous Outlet have them. I think 149.00. Link for some instrucitons.
Unit is simple only 4 dials and 4 wires to hook up.:D
Cycling a relay to make a solenoid pulse is not a good idea. Relays are slow and to designed to be cycled like that.

Robert56 12-21-2008 07:22 PM

Yea i found out the hard way on the relays and why it quite working after a period of time, lol.
Robert

VH5150 12-21-2008 08:41 PM

robert i have an old nx maximizer.... the 4 button one, no laptop needed... shoot me a pm and ill sell it chaep...
part number 15963

Robert56 12-22-2008 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by VH5150 (Post 10704976)
robert i have an old nx maximizer.... the 4 button one, no laptop needed... shoot me a pm and ill sell it chaep...
part number 15963

Can I use this as an add on to my current electronics? that's what i am looking for, as I don't need a full controller, just the progressive capabilities. I tried to find it to look at the wiring but no luck. So far the trick product Ricky put up seems the best bet as looking briefly at the wiring I can simply tap it into the existing set-up/wiring I have? now if yours is wire-able so i can just use the progressive part then I would certainly be interested.
Robert

Ray@Nitrous Outlet 12-22-2008 02:59 PM

Clean yo' PM box out....;)