Default MICROEDGE AND INTERFACE together

who is using both is it a good idea?

p.s. merry christmas tech!!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No it's not a good idea.........

...it's a great idea.

I am using the Interface and a window switch from DynoTune... I got it before the MicroEdge was released.

HSW did a good job making these products.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so i kno the microedge is a bad *** window switch so with it i dont need a fpss right? but wat are the advantages to using the interface >?
Old 12-25-2008, 12:08 AM
12 Second Club

it is a GREAT idea, my microedge is in my living room waiting for me to get home and wire it up, you are correct the microedge is your safety device, and the interface is your timing/fuel control, with extra safety built in to help protect your system/motor/wallet
Old 12-25-2008, 12:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, they work great together. The Microedge has the lean and rich cutoff, also has the window switch and gear lockout. Anymore, the FPSS is a royal PITA, and has always been one of the culprits if I ever had system problems.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shaolink9
ok so i kno the microedge is a bad *** window switch so with it i dont need a fpss right? but wat are the advantages to using the interface >?
The Interface is awesome for a dry kit, but can also be used to fine tune a wet kit.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

do i still need a tune with the interface
Old 12-25-2008, 10:43 AM
12 Second Club

yea, the microedge is your all around safety tool, the interface is your tuning tool
Old 12-25-2008, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

Ive been using both, what do you need to know, i love it
Old 12-25-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

bad6as did u get my pm
Old 12-25-2008, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

MicroEdge and dual Interfaces (beta testing dual staging) along with 3-stages of dry here. The Interface is your tuning tool, so it will tune for you the timing and the a/f ratio, but you should still have a logging session at the least to varify that everything is safe.
Robert
Old 12-26-2008, 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

i still need a definite answer
Old 12-26-2008, 12:21 PM
FormerVendor

i still need a definite answer
what kind of kit are you running?
Old 12-26-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

a zex dry kit i had lying around sprayed through daves halo with a mircoedge to control it my question is with the interface will i still need a tune because i either doing one or the other.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

No you will not need a tune.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

a zex dry kit i had lying around sprayed through daves halo with a mircoedge to control it my question is with the interface will i still need a tune because i either doing one or the other.
Yes a tune is needed. The Halo comes with rec jetting for this or that size hit and an expected A/F ratio. However, the a/f ratio that you end up may or may not be where you want it.

Your combining products from two different companies, so they may each specify different working bottle pressures along with the Halo being a before the MAF style kit.

What that means is, the Halo was designed to use the MAF wires to register the spray and increase the injector pulse width, so depending on how well it reads the N2O, it may or may not be acceptable. That will be your starting point, see what a/f ratio you have before introducing the Interface tuning. Then depending on what reading you get for a/f, you will either add to, or take away from this a/f reading (richen it, or lean it out) to dial in exactly what you want.

Then the timing pull. If your going small and have not touched the stock timing many will pull no timing. If you have a performance tune that has added timing, then you definitely need to pull some. Now with that said, I would go a head and pull a couple degrees regardless, with the Interface, for best performance and safety. You won't be absolutely required to log this to verify, but it's always nice to see it being pulled on paper.

So at the minimum you will need to be able to see your a/f ratio, before and after tuning with the Interface. If you do this on a dyno, you can also log your timing pull. If you can get a hand held, like the LM1, for a/f you can tune this way with out the dyno, your call.

Don't forget your colder plugs and the best fuel (octane) you can get. Hope this helps get you started?
Robert
Old 12-27-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

got tr-6s ...so if i get it tuned at MASPORT in boca (free advertising , great work great guys) i dont need the interface imidietely..i do want to get it but it will be in march or closer to summer ,now i just want to spray. So microedge and have a few dyno pulls to check a/f and timing and i will be good right??...sorry if this is redundant just want to kno can i get away with my setup ..i think i can because what were ppl doin befor the interface came out?
Old 12-27-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

got tr-6s ...so if i get it tuned at MASPORT in boca (free advertising , great work great guys) i dont need the interface imidietely..i do want to get it but it will be in march or closer to summer ,now i just want to spray. So microedge and have a few dyno pulls to check a/f and timing and i will be good right??...sorry if this is redundant just want to kno can i get away with my setup ..i think i can because what were ppl doin befor the interface came out?
Correct. the only problem is if the a/f ratio is not what you want, you'll have to adjust the WOT Power enrichment Multiplier in the PCM. The problem with this method of tuning the a/f ratio is it also affects your n/a tune, where as the Interface won't. Anyway, you'll have a starting place with a/f.

If it was my set-up, i would save the 300/500 dollar tune until i could do it right because you'll need another trip to the dyno for re-adjusting a/f if needed. Many with a shot of 100 or below do no checking at all and get away with this because the small amount of spray doesn't increase the cylinder pressures to a great degree and thus getting away with a lean a/f ratio.

That is why NOS and the original dry 5177 kit was limited on size. they rated at rear wheels and 100rwhp gain was about it. Many, many times this kit with nozzles as per their rec spot would produce 13.x:1 a/f ratios and do no damage. yes, i have ran that kit on my '97 coupe with no tuning and running lean and a small shot, no problems.

It's your call. I am not telling you to run with out a tune, but just letting you know that some of us have, and had no problems with small shots.
Robert
Old 12-28-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

when i said tune i meant dyno pulls for hp with a wide band...my tunner said ppuling timming and things like that was no big deal and im sure ill need it since i have a n/a tune and i think i have 28* timing.. so retARD THE TIMING AND KEEP THE SHOT AT 125 MAX and i should be ok as long as my a/f is ok ?
I figured since the microedge has a lean and rich shut off i can set it to give me ans idead of what my af is because if its not in that window it will shut off right?

again thank you everyone who is posting in this thread its hard to do **** over xmas everyone is closed til jan 5 and i have no1 else to ask.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

yes getting a good N/A tune is always a good idea, good way to get all the power out of your motor, the only issue i see is if you are getting your tune done now for the n2o then if you get the interface later you will need to go back and get the tune re done, if it was me, i'd get the interface now, your current tune is probably descent and the interface will pull the timing that you need done for the spray, then you can get a good n/a tune done when you get the money and you are only having to pay once for the tuning instead of getting a n2o tune now, then getting the interface and having to get a n/a tune later