Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few nitrous questions...just getting started.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A few nitrous questions...just getting started.

I am getting a nitrous kit together for my car. I have the feed line, solenoids, switch panel, bottle heater, bottle, lines from solenoids to plate, and the plate. Im thinking all that I need is a bracket and window switch and have a couple questions about them.

Bracket-Is there any that dont fit in the rear right compartment or any that I should stay away from? Im looking at the NOS billet bracket that has the quick pins on the bottom to remove it from the bracket.It seems to me that it may get loose inside of that bracket. Ive also seen the 860 plate that bolts on place but I read somewhere that you have to removed the factory antenna and id rather not do that .

Window switch-Id like one that has WOT detection so I dont have to mount switches on the TB or pedal. So far the HSW Microswitch is looking pretty good but id like some input from users on its ease of usability and durability.

Im planning on spraying a 200hp shot. Prior to spraying I am building my spare block using a stock crank and forged rods and pistons...and a little bigger cam.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the bottle mounting, the 860 bottle plate went in my car very smoothly, the radio antenna is still there, all is perfect, as for the window switch, i used the n20 outlet 2 stage window switch, i have it mounted in my center console, it has all the integrated stuff so no micro switch is necessary and rpm is programmable so you dont need to buy all the different pills, i live in so cal hit me up and i can help you out thru your whole adventure, i even know a place to get some nice black lines ran for really cheap.

i say stick with everything n20 outlet, you already have the hsw plate which will do for now but will soon need to be upgraded to the n20 outlet plate to suit the needs of the amount of power you want to add safely.

good luck
Old 02-03-2009, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm, I was also looking at the n20 2 stage, ill have to take a look at your setup sometime.

Whats wrong with the HSW plate?
Old 02-03-2009, 12:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Username
i say stick with everything n20 outlet, you already have the hsw plate which will do for now but will soon need to be upgraded to the n20 outlet plate to suit the needs of the amount of power you want to add safely.
Are you serious? Got any timeslips from that factory freak yet?

Last edited by jmill96Z; 02-03-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:16 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
Nothing. It hits as hard as anything out there.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:25 AM
FormerVendor

Nothing, take most of what you read on the internet with a grain of salt.

For the bracket are you looking for a quick disconnect style of bracket or are you just looking for the universal style brackets that come with the kit?

There are plenty of people running the microedge right now. If you would like to see a copy of the install instructions please just shoot me a PM with your email address and I can forward you a copy of them. Bang for the buck, pretty hard to beat.

Nick
Old 02-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
Are you serious? Got any timeslips from that factory freak yet?
whoa whoa whoa, settle down there fan boy, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

yes i do have a timeslip, i made 1 n20 pass, and trapped 10mph faster while only spraying 3rd gear in the 1/8th. 1st and 2nd were spinning on motor thus 3rd gear was only thing left. and i was going to make another pass but circumstances dictated otherwise
Old 02-03-2009, 10:47 AM
10 Second Club

10mph gain only spraying in 3rd huh? Not the same #'s you posted in your thread....... Read back through this thread and see who the fan boy is.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Teching In

your right 8 mph... sorry.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am getting a nitrous kit together for my car. I have the feed line, solenoids, switch panel, bottle heater, bottle, lines from solenoids to plate, and the plate. Im thinking all that I need is a bracket and window switch and have a couple questions about them.
Do you have the line that goes from the schrader valve to the fuel solenoid?

Bracket-Is there any that dont fit in the rear right compartment or any that I should stay away from? Im looking at the NOS billet bracket that has the quick pins on the bottom to remove it from the bracket.It seems to me that it may get loose inside of that bracket. Ive also seen the 860 plate that bolts on place but I read somewhere that you have to removed the factory antenna and id rather not do that .
Sounds like you want something that is a quick release style bottle bracket. I don't have any experience with those. The regular style bottle brackets fit fine though. I also ghetto fabbed my spare tire bottle bracket for a total of $6.97 at home depot.

Window switch-Id like one that has WOT detection so I dont have to mount switches on the TB or pedal. So far the HSW Microswitch is looking pretty good but id like some input from users on its ease of usability and durability.
I have seen the nitrous outlet window switch in action and it works very well and the programming was very easy too.

Im planning on spraying a 200hp shot. Prior to spraying I am building my spare block using a stock crank and forged rods and pistons...and a little bigger cam.
As long as you have a good fuel setup, a 200 shot will be nothing for that motor.
My responses are in bold. Good luck man!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Nothing, take most of what you read on the internet with a grain of salt.

For the bracket are you looking for a quick disconnect style of bracket or are you just looking for the universal style brackets that come with the kit?

There are plenty of people running the microedge right now. If you would like to see a copy of the install instructions please just shoot me a PM with your email address and I can forward you a copy of them. Bang for the buck, pretty hard to beat.

Nick
PM sent
Old 02-03-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by krazy4
My responses are in bold. Good luck man!
Ill have to see if I have tthat line...I have made the agreement on the parts just havent picked them up yet.

Id like a quick disconnect bracket as long as it can hold it without moving too much or being noisy, im just lazy.

Ill have to take a look at Lukes car at the next meet.

Yea some guys spray the stock shortblock with a 200 shot with heads and cam on top of it...id rather get my spare block in and have a spare motor, **** ive got so many other cars ill find something to put it in.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ill have to take a look at Lukes car at the next meet.

Yea some guys spray the stock shortblock with a 200 shot with heads and cam on top of it...id rather get my spare block in and have a spare motor, **** ive got so many other cars ill find something to put it in.
Yeah, check out Luke's car next time. Luke, me, and one of his friends all did the install. Turned out very clean. Probably the best nitrous install I have seen.

I have heard of a couple guys going with a 225 shot on the stock block lol.
One you get the forged internals, your car will eat nitrous for dessert.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by krazy4
Yeah, check out Luke's car next time. Luke, me, and one of his friends all did the install. Turned out very clean. Probably the best nitrous install I have seen.

I have heard of a couple guys going with a 225 shot on the stock block lol.
One you get the forged internals, your car will eat nitrous for dessert.
Hell yea it will, im going with a bigger cam also...shooting for 700rwhp on spray...but if I fall short oh well, it wont be by much.

Search this Thread