Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low or High PSI Standalone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low or High PSI Standalone?

I am doing a stand alone fuel set up and am wondering which would be better. I am leaning towards a High pressure set up, because thats what I run now with the fuel being supplied from the tank. What are the benefits of each , and are you guys using returns to your cells?

I heard that a low pressure set up is easier for tuning , but I dont recall why.

Thanks
Old 02-17-2009, 10:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We designed our all in one fuel cell designs well over 4 to 5 years ago. We offer two different designs for the F-body. We make alot more than just the F-body designs but they all pretty much work the same. we use a walboro pump inside the tank with a Aeromotive regulater to adjust fuel pressure. This is a return style regulater. For applcations like the single nozzle or plate kits we like to keep them at high pressure(55psi) For Direct port applications we like to use Low Pressure (10psi) With our design we can set the regulater for either pressure.

The only advantage of low pressure on the directports is the ease of tunning. A small change in fuel pressure makes a big difference. Also the fuel jets are not real small on the small shots. Other than that there is no other advantage.

If you are looking to ourchase something instead of build it we offer custom tanks, as well as designes we already have.

These are our F-body applications.

Our battery dedicated Holds one gallon of fuel and mounts in the factory battery location. The hold down clamp that holds the battery in place is what locks this dedicated firmly down.

Our Fuse dedicated was designed for the customer not wanting to relocate the battery. This unit mounts on the front core support by the radiator. Using this product will not require moving anything at all. This unit holds just alittle under 1 gallon.

All of our dedicated fuel systems come completely assembled. All you have to do is cut to fit the braided fuel hose and attach the ends. Our dedicated fuel systems also come complete with a wring harness, relay and a colored wiring diiagram.

We try to keep both theses designs on the shelf.

Just another option..
Dave
Old 02-18-2009, 05:42 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Veganomics
I am doing a stand alone fuel set up and am wondering which would be better. I am leaning towards a High pressure set up, because thats what I run now with the fuel being supplied from the tank. What are the benefits of each , and are you guys using returns to your cells?

I heard that a low pressure set up is easier for tuning , but I dont recall why.

Thanks
Low pressure. So many more jet options as well as tune ability with an allen wrench. Going high pressure you are somewhat limited in jet size with the smaller jets and you run the risk of clogging one of them. Always run a return on the fuel system. Were you looking to assemble one yourself or are you looking pre-made?

Nick
Old 02-18-2009, 07:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Low pressure is going to be better for a DP cause a 200 shot on 55 the jet is liek a 12 or 14 and they are very easy to clog and the jets tend to have a big percentage of variance. on a low pressure you would more than doubel the jet size .

the down sizer of a low pressure is you need to flow the system as weather changes. well you should flow the sytem alot of people don't. if you change a 1/4 lb on a 5psi system thats 1/20 of a change or 5% if you change a 1/4 lb on a 55psi is 1/220 or ~.45%. So the flowing pressure is more important on the low system.

Id still go low but just be meticulas and check it offten.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies. I am putting this system together myself and it will be for a 150 - 200 wet kit. I think I will try high pressure set up for my application.. HSW and Dave, I would LOVE to just send you the CC number and have one shipped, but the trickery of "making It myself" and "saving" (lol) has always kept the little lady in check..Smoke and mirrors

Thanks again guys.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:26 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Veganomics
Thanks for the replies. I am putting this system together myself and it will be for a 150 - 200 wet kit. I think I will try high pressure set up for my application.. HSW and Dave, I would LOVE to just send you the CC number and have one shipped, but the trickery of "making It myself" and "saving" (lol) has always kept the little lady in check..Smoke and mirrors

Thanks again guys.
I completely understand. Not everything works into everyones budget. If you have any questions about putting one together, please feel free to ask.

Nick