Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Another nitrous newb..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 11:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help Another nitrous newb..

Hi all, I need a little help on making sure my setup looks correct.. i've read a TON of info but i'd just like to double check with some people who know more than me!

First off, I have a 2002 Z06 - only mods are Vararam CAI, ported TB, B&B Bullet Catback and a set of DR's.

I'm buying the Dynotune C5 wet kit and a HSW MicroEdge controller, along with a set of NGK TR6 plugs. Do I need anything else?

I'm wanting to know for sure how much I can hit it with on a stock fuel system, i've heard many different things.. 100? 150?

As far as tuning.. I tune everything myself so that shouldn't be an issue.. the current AFR is 13.0 and the timing is still all stock on motor (22-24 at WOT). I'm thinking I can leave the timing alone or only pull 2-4 degrees correct? As well as i'm going to watch the AFR on the spray and shoot for around 11.5:1 AFR by adjusting the fuel side jetting as needed.

Any help would be great, i'd rather not blow this thing up by making a dumb mistake!
Old 02-27-2009, 05:58 AM
FormerVendor

you need a purge kit, blowdown tube and a bottle heater for consistent bottle pressure. if you are already looked at the microedge i would just pick up our all our accessory kit.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...age=1&featured

you will be fine on stock timing and you might be able to squeeze out a 150 shot. Just monitor your fuel pressure and A/F. The microedge will help as well since it has the A/F shutdown switch
Old 02-27-2009, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the reply..

I forgot to mention that i'll heat the bottle to 900-1000 psi and I can wire up a purge as well.

Do most people gap the TR6's at .035?

Since the car has alot of stock parts i'm not planning on hitting it hard off the line.. i'm either going to use the delay or a 1st gear lockout to help take the shock off the drivetrain/tires and help traction. The reason i'm even putting a kit on the car is because I have a $500 bet going with my boss.. he thinks I can't get it to run faster than a 11.50 at the track.. I guess we'll find out! lol

I went ahead and ordered the MicroEdge last night.

Thanks Again,

Chris
Old 02-27-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your boss sounds uninformed. Show him whose really boss.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

LOL yea, we'll see what happens.. I know the car will make plenty of power.. I just hope I can get it to hook decent and not tear the clutch up for this time.. then i'll run ET Streets with a new clutch and output shafts..

I have to run a 11.499 or faster at anywhere from 3000-5000 ft DA depending on the weather.. I hope my BFG DR's are up to the task!

It will be fun either way.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are getting your wet kit from Dynotune you may want to check out there digital windowswitch with built in TPS activation and gear lock out feature. They are only 110.00 right now. Hard to beat this switches quality.

Here is a good explanation of the accessories you need.
http://www.nitroustech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2

Talk to Dan about the accessories as well. He can sell you the full package.

Another option to look at is our Brand X accessory package. Hard to beat those prices as well.
Dave