Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bottle warmer pressure switch question...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bottle warmer pressure switch question...

Does the bottle warmer pressure switch HAVE to be mounted in the N20 outlet of the bottle, or can I mount it to one of the gauge ports on the bottle? Pros/Cons?

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

Most would want the heater to function correctly with the bottle valve closed to make it as safe as possible, I would recommend the Bottle valve ports for location.

You can do the main line on a gauge adapter on the bottle nut, but you run the risk of having the bottle closed, and the sensor never seeing the increase in pressure and overheating the bottle, and then blowing the rupture disk.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:56 AM
FormerVendor

Beer is right. You can do either. If you do it in the inline adapter fitting off the outlet port, you'll need to keep the bottle valve open. If its in the side gauge fitting no need to open the valve as long as its a constant pressure port.

Nick
Old 02-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Ok, I think I will install the sensor in the one of the 2 side ports on the bottle, where a gauge would go. The kit came with an adapter to install the switch on the N20 outlet port, but I think what I am reading above, it's safer to have the switch somewhere that it always sees pressure, and not just when the valve is open, correct?
Old 02-27-2009, 02:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Robb
Ok, I think I will install the sensor in the one of the 2 side ports on the bottle, where a gauge would go. The kit came with an adapter to install the switch on the N20 outlet port, but I think what I am reading above, it's safer to have the switch somewhere that it always sees pressure, and not just when the valve is open, correct?
You got it!

Nick
Old 02-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
Most would want the heater to function correctly with the bottle valve closed to make it as safe as possible, I would recommend the Bottle valve ports for location.

You can do the main line on a gauge adapter on the bottle nut, but you run the risk of having the bottle closed, and the sensor never seeing the increase in pressure and overheating the bottle, and then blowing the rupture disk.
yup, been there done that...I had the heater switch on the main line with the bottle closed on the way to the track and threw my cell phone near my switch and it turned on the heater and BOOM...rupture disk goes ......

oh ya, i didnt have my blowdown tube connected since i just picked up the bottle and was going to hook it up at the track...was driving up rte 95 in mass. with the door open and my head out the door trying to pull over.....not a good thing..
Old 02-28-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So where could I install the sensor that it always sees pressure? Sorry Im new to this. lol

Originally Posted by Gsxrjack
was driving up rte 95 in mass. with the door open and my head out the door trying to pull over.....not a good thing..
Sorry but this made me :jester: