Sponsored by:

Nitrous Express NXL nitrous kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 09:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
ask robert56 on cf in the c5z06 section
I was playing with dry kits before Robert had put his multi kit setup on his car.

I converted a dry kit from a Mustang/LT1 setup to use on these cars with an AFPR and its still made the most power of any kit short of a fogger ive ever used on these cars. Easy to tune for as well via a load table in the MAP the car would never see but on the hose. The nitrous only had to flow through the intake as the injectors supplied my fueling by the spike in fuel pressure at the vacuum port from the shimmed vacuum regulator from those kits.. A single modified dry nozzle can make 325rwhp and never flinch or go lean this way as long as the injector is large enough and the volume is there.
No distribution issues there.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
We used stock lines and rails too on ours. Just made sure we had a second pump in the car for the nitrous kit itself.

Not sure what you are getting at in the 50 world comment. Explain. I dont think any one here is getting smartass comments. Just here trying to help. You are welcome to toot your horn though.
i wasnt getting at anything just the reason why most use bigger fuel rails but you really dont need to if you have the pump, and i did it on a 5.0 mustang, i had a dry that i changed the noids to pro shot noids and got it to flow 225shot at 140lbs fuel pressure then i ran a wet 400 big shot plate under the eldebrock high rpm upper 58 lbs pressure two gages and a regulator for the wet and the paxton bilet regulator for the dry , i could then turn the 225 back on so i had 3 stages but i never got a run at the track with all three, no roll bar
Old 04-05-2009, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

I was playing with dry kits before Robert had put his multi kit setup on his car.

I converted a dry kit from a Mustang/LT1 setup to use on these cars with an AFPR and its still made the most power of any kit short of a fogger ive ever used on these cars. Easy to tune for as well via a load table in the MAP the car would never see but on the hose. The nitrous only had to flow through the intake as the injectors supplied my fueling by the spike in fuel pressure at the vacuum port from the shimmed vacuum regulator from those kits.. A single modified dry nozzle can make 325rwhp and never flinch or go lean this way as long as the injector is large enough and the volume is there.
No distribution issues there.
i mention robert because he has been working with some kits for the c6, and he had some experience or knowledge about the nx kit but i didn't like the piggy back of the injectors, i have been thinking about nitrous for my car, i like wet, dry might be great , got any suggestions
Old 04-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

I know Robert mostly likes dry. I thought about going dry but my car has a nice tune on it and I am at 90% injector duty. I dont want to go bigger injectors to go dry. Then I would need a retune too. Thats why I want to go wet. I have most of the parts sitting around less a plate or dp setup.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

i wasnt getting at anything just the reason why most use bigger fuel rails but you really dont need to if you have the pump, and i did it on a 5.0 mustang, i had a dry that i changed the noids to pro shot noids and got it to flow 225shot at 140lbs fuel pressure then i ran a wet 400 big shot plate under the eldebrock high rpm upper 58 lbs pressure two gages and a regulator for the wet and the paxton bilet regulator for the dry , i could then turn the 225 back on so i had 3 stages but i never got a run at the track with all three, no roll bar
I gotcha with the 5.0 comment. It just showed 50 so I was like WTF..LOL

and yea I never saw that much fuel pressure for my 250hp hit. I think it was close to about 90psi with 42lb injectors and an A1000 pump.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

i mention robert because he has been working with some kits for the c6, and he had some experience or knowledge about the nx kit but i didn't like the piggy back of the injectors, i have been thinking about nitrous for my car, i like wet, dry might be great , got any suggestions
Mustang dry kit on an LS1 is my idea for you. You can run the same NA tune and modify tables higher up in the MAP and Spark tables to retard the timing for the nitrous and it never affect the NA tune. Been doing that successfully for quite awhile now actually.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:17 AM
10 Second Club

Mustang dry kit on an LS1 is my idea for you. You can run the same NA tune and modify tables higher up in the MAP and Spark tables to retard the timing for the nitrous and it never affect the NA tune. Been doing that successfully for quite awhile now actually.
thanks,
Old 04-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Banned

very nice pictures!
Old 04-11-2009, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

I hate CF they are so **** against street racing.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
I hate CF they are so **** against street racing.

Im not sure what your talking about. What is CF and where did street racing come from in this thread?

Quick Reply: Nitrous Express NXL nitrous kit