Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about the harris speed interface...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ? about the harris speed interface...

ok so what kinda of diff signal if any does it send what the maf setting on ls6 and ls1???????? thanks guys.. and also if the nozzles are infront of the maf how off am i gonna be with the switches? i think i have maxed out the maf
Old 04-09-2009, 09:00 AM
11 Second Club

does anyone know?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98mysticZ
ok so what kinda of diff signal if any does it send what the maf setting on ls6 and ls1???????? thanks guys.. and also if the nozzles are infront of the maf how off am i gonna be with the switches? i think i have maxed out the maf
Kinda confused with your questions. Are you asking what the differences are between a LS6 and an LS1 maf?

If you're relying on the maf to pick up some content with a pre-maf nozzle then you're going to have to get it on a dyno to see what is being missed by the maf. We have installed a few pre-maf nozzle kits w/ Interface and not one has ever been the same as far as jetting is concerned. The simple answer is that you're going to have to start out on the rich side and work your way lean to get the right setting.

How do you know your maf is maxxed out? What are you hitting for g/sec? If you're seeing 512 g/sec then you're maxxing out the maf. We can use the Interface to essentially extend your range but this would also require you to alter your tune to suit the new range. If you are indeed maxxing it out and you'd like to jump into this, shoot me a PM and we can help walk you though it.

Thanks.

Nick
Old 04-09-2009, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

well looked as if the maf maxed out on hp tuners... per my tuner... BUT thequestion i had was if i did have the maf selection on the wrong maf ie ls1 instead of ls6 on the configure section of the box what will it affect? because i have an ls6 maf and dont remember what it was set on... thinking this could be part of my problem.... dont have the car here to check...

Last edited by 98mysticZ; 04-09-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:16 AM
11 Second Club

nick.... any more help?
Old 04-10-2009, 09:28 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98mysticZ
nick.... any more help?
Yes I'm sorry, its hard for me to keep up on every thread. Its much easier if you jump over to our tech support section or shoot me a PM or call. Much quicker response time as well.

To answer your question, you're going to need to verify what its set to. If its set incorrectly it will alter your settings.

Nick