Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone help me identify solenoids...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help me identify solenoids...

I bought a used dry kit for my GTO. It is the halo kit with the halo bar for the stock air box. It also came with 2 solenoids, both of which look identical...one for the nitrous and the other for purge.

My problem is, the solenoid that was hooked up to the halo bar does not hold bottle pressure, but the one that was hooked up to the purge holds pressure fine. Now since both of these solenoids look identical, and have no distinguishing markings on them, would it be ok to just run the one that was used for purge on the halo bar, and for the time being go without a purge?

Attached are pics of the solenoids...they both look like this.

The solenoid has a white sticker with N2O Nitrous on it. The N and the O are purple, and the 2 and nitrous are black.

Attached Thumbnails Can someone help me identify solenoids...-img_3438.jpg   Can someone help me identify solenoids...-img_3439.jpg   Can someone help me identify solenoids...-img_3440.jpg   Can someone help me identify solenoids...-img_3441.jpg   Can someone help me identify solenoids...-img_3442.jpg  

Old 04-22-2009, 09:10 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is one of our older solenoids. Is it that the nitrous solenoid wont open under pressure or it leaks. There could be some debris on the piston keeping it open enough for 1000 psi to squeak by. If you feel comfortable you can take it apart and inspect the piston for debris or excessive wear. If not, feel free to send it to us and we will inspect for free and let you know what needs to be done/replaced.

Quick Reply: Can someone help me identify solenoids...