Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone had a WOT switch stick?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone had a WOT switch stick?

I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of a WOT switch sticking open or have had it happen to them. A friend of mine says he had it happen to him and it bounced off the rev limiter for a good minute before he got it shut down. A week later and he had a rod knocking so he insisted to me to not use a WOT switch and use a push button switch instead. So what do you guys think? i will use a WOT no matter what but do you think there would be added safety in using a push button switch on top of that?
Old 05-23-2009, 05:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 67goatman455
I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of a WOT switch sticking open or have had it happen to them. A friend of mine says he had it happen to him and it bounced off the rev limiter for a good minute before he got it shut down. A week later and he had a rod knocking so he insisted to me to not use a WOT switch and use a push button switch instead. So what do you guys think? i will use a WOT no matter what but do you think there would be added safety in using a push button switch on top of that?
A WOT switch or a pushbutton are just the same and have same risk of sticking closed (if it sticks open nothing happens)
If you are concerned about your system remaining activated because a WOT switch failure, just use the wiring diagram provided by the nitrous system's manufacturer.
Every brand I know tells you to use an arming switch (in series with either WOT or pushbutton). If something goes wrong, just deactivate arming switch and the whole system will turn off.

Regards
Old 05-23-2009, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take a look at the "microedge" that Harris Speed Works makes, its s bad *** window switch and a whole lot more, not to expensive either, I love mine