Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to avoid nitrous backfire ?? any basic infos ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

cant you just go with a lower numerical gear in the rear so you don't have to go in fifth??
Old 06-02-2009, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gvzo6
way to much timing for that big of a hit and thats alot of spray to put thru a tb you should use a direct port
you think 21* degree of timing is too much for 300hp hit ?
you should use a direct port
ok why DP is better with that amount of hit ?

Thanks,

what plug are you running?
TR6 / BR7EF
Old 06-02-2009, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
cant you just go with a lower numerical gear in the rear so you don't have to go in fifth??
that would be a great idea but i can't go lower numerical gear than 3.42 on my 12 bolt moser rear end
Old 06-03-2009, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You could try going to 4.11s so that the motor won't be working as hard in 5th gear. It all depends on how fast you "need" to go.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:52 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by alharbi
well ,

i'm runing two wet stages on my 02 T/A
1st stage 200hp
2nd stage 100hp

and i already had belw up a 92mm F.A.S.T intake before "twice"

and it happes only when hitting both stages on the 5th gear
i didn't have any problem hitting the 1st stage (200hp) to the end of the 5th gear before and i already used to do that many times without any problems

also i didn't have any problems hitting both stages on 3rd and 4th gears , so my only problem is just when hitting them both on the 5th gear

any openions will be highly appreciated
Thanks
There is another couple options we haven't gone through yet-

You could consider changing your rear end gear (numerically lower). Your probably not gonna be able to find a gear that would get you that distance in 4th. Yet it could prolong your shift and maybe get the mph you need at the top.

Another option is to stop trying to spray the second stage in 5th. Above you said:

"it happes only when hitting both stages on the 5th gear
i didn't have any problem hitting the 1st stage (200hp) to the end of the 5th gear before and i already used to do that many times without any problems".

It seems to be working for you on one kit. If you're feeling lucky you could try increasing the jets (in small increments) on the first stage, and decreasing them on the second (by the same amount) then when you get to 5th only spray the first stage. This way you may be able to spray a little more. (This is risky, but it could work)

Does it backfire as soon as you hit the second kit?

Honestly, I didn't want to tell you to stop spraying 5th altogether cause its working (1st stage). At the same time I don't think you will be able to spray the second stage as the engine just will not be accelerating fast enough. I think your safest option would be to look at trying to make some more power in another place.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:37 AM
Launching!

i know this does not help at all, but i think its badass that you live in Kuwait and racing 1/2 miles with bikes.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could get a controller to pull extra timing on the 2nd stage. Also you need to get a colder plug definitely. Do you read the plugs after a hard pull like that?

I just dont understand why you need to be going that speed, 5th on the spray with 3.42's. You gotta be running like what, 170 or higher?

IMO just use the 2 stages for 1-4 1 stage through 5th.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sofls1
There is another couple options we haven't gone through yet-

You could consider changing your rear end gear (numerically lower). Your probably not gonna be able to find a gear that would get you that distance in 4th. Yet it could prolong your shift and maybe get the mph you need at the top.
(numerically lower) ?? you mean somthing like 3.0 or 3.2
if so , that's a good option for nitrous car and i'm sure that i can cross a farther distance in the 4th gear than i'm crossing now with my 3.42 rear gears but not with the same acceleration that i'm having now .
Also i race alot on motor only , i don't want go with another gear ratio like 3.0 or 3.2 that for high mph speed by losing my current acceleration
it will slow my car when not spraying .
my 3.42 rear gear is perfect for me now when not spraying and i'm happy with the acceleration of my car coming from my 3.42 rear gears with and without spraying .

you can see this vid. and check how is my ratio with my 3.42 when not spraying , perfect acceleration with my new engine ratio and you will not belive that i'm spining it to 6500 RPM , you'll feel that i'm shifting at 6000 RPM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVuIFA6szO4

Another option is to stop trying to spray the second stage in 5th.
yah , that's a better option for me ... better than changing my rear end gear
It seems to be working for you on one kit. If you're feeling lucky you could try increasing the jets (in small increments) on the first stage, and decreasing them on the second (by the same amount) then when you get to 5th only spray the first stage. This way you may be able to spray a little more. (This is risky, but it could work)
that's a very nice idea actually , i will have to try increasing the jets from 200 to 250 for the first stage
but i will not decrease the 2nd stage ... i already tried hitting 200hp for both stages on 3rd and 4th gear few times without any problems

so i'm gonna spray both stages in 3rd and 4th (250hp-100hp) and spraying only the first stage (250hp) without spraying the second stage (100hp) in 5th gear .

hope the 250hp will not cause nitrous backfire in 5th

Does it backfire as soon as you hit the second kit?

arround two seconds after hitting the 2nd stage

Honestly, I didn't want to tell you to stop spraying 5th altogether cause its working (1st stage). At the same time I don't think you will be able to spray the second stage as the engine just will not be accelerating fast enough. I think your safest option would be to look at trying to make some more power in another place.
you right , but there is no place for more N/A power unless if i went to a solid roller camshaft

Thanks buddy
appreciaate your help
Old 06-13-2009, 12:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by alharbi
[B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="blue"]
that's a very nice idea actually , i will have to try increasing the jets from 200 to 250 for the first stage
but i will not decrease the 2nd stage ... i already tried hitting 200hp for both stages on 3rd and 4th gear few times without any problems

so i'm gonna spray both stages in 3rd and 4th (250hp-100hp) and spraying only the first stage (250hp) without spraying the second stage (100hp) in 5th gear .

hope the 250hp will not cause nitrous backfire in 5th

arround two seconds after hitting the 2nd stage

Only thing is I would recommend is doing this in 25hp increments (instead of the 50hp you want to use) this will be safer. I say this because the delay of the backfire points out that the engine can't take the full amount of the second kit. Essentially you are testing the limits of how much the engine can swallow in that gear. I estimate you wont get too much over the additional 50hp (then again you may)
Old 06-15-2009, 08:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You run 21* of timing with a 300 shot and havent blown your motor yet?? And if you have to spray in fifth it might help to do it progressively..
Old 08-09-2009, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
You run 21* of timing with a 300 shot and havent blown your motor yet?? And if you have to spray in fifth it might help to do it progressively..
dude .. i run 125 octane racing fuel when spraying
dose that make a sense ??

Quick Reply: how to avoid nitrous backfire ?? any basic infos ??