Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What do i need?

I have an 01 WS.6 A4,(Cam, full bolt ons, 3.73s, Performabuilt Level 2 60e/Billet 4k Stall) and i am getting the N2O setup safely, and wanted some input on what else i should get.

i know i need a wideband, a blow down tube (probably better bottle valve too) and want to get an assortment of jets for tuning, and different size shots. Now, I know the sizes for each shot (100, 125, 150, 175) but how many and what size jets would you guys recommend for tuning purposes? Im not going to spray it alot, but still want to be able to keep it running well.

Heres what i currently have:
10# Bottle
NOS N2O Solenoid
Edelbrock Alky/Fuel Solenoid
HSW Custom Lines
Nitrous Outlet 1/16" Nozzle (Currently has 175hp Jets)
HSW Switch Plate
HSW Microedge
Old 06-11-2009, 10:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would start with the recommended jet sizes for each shot size. You can also pick up 1 size smaller on the fuel side for each shot size. Take a look at your order before you purchase as some of the jet sizes might overlap and its somewhat silly to purchase 2 of the same size jet.

As far as some accessories, I didn't see a nitrous filter, spark plugs, or a heater on the list. I would definitely recommend those in conjunction with a blowdown tube and a purge. I know its a lot, but you can always add things in stages with a few exceptions such as plugs.

Nick

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
I have an 01 WS.6 A4,(Cam, full bolt ons, 3.73s, Performabuilt Level 2 60e/Billet 4k Stall) and i am getting the N2O setup safely, and wanted some input on what else i should get.

i know i need a wideband, a blow down tube (probably better bottle valve too) and want to get an assortment of jets for tuning, and different size shots. Now, I know the sizes for each shot (100, 125, 150, 175) but how many and what size jets would you guys recommend for tuning purposes? Im not going to spray it alot, but still want to be able to keep it running well.

Heres what i currently have:
10# Bottle
NOS N2O Solenoid
Edelbrock Alky/Fuel Solenoid
HSW Custom Lines
Nitrous Outlet 1/16" Nozzle (Currently has 175hp Jets)
HSW Switch Plate
HSW Microedge
Old 06-13-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Nick.

Im sorry, i forgot to mention, I already have a set of TR6s, but are there any advantages to running BR7s running a 175 shot at the most?

I also have the Racetronix Plug n Play pump setup as well.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
Thanks Nick.

Im sorry, i forgot to mention, I already have a set of TR6s, but are there any advantages to running BR7s running a 175 shot at the most?

I also have the Racetronix Plug n Play pump setup as well.
Advantages? Absolutely...they can pull more heat out of the chamber. With your mods you can stick with the TR6's upwards of a 150 shot (as long as timing and fueling is good). Anything over that I would swap to a non-projected 6 or 7 plug.

Nick