Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me trouble shoot my Microedge and interface setup from HSW

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Help me trouble shoot my Microedge and interface setup from HSW

First off let me say the HSW products are awesome. The problem I am experiencing is that the Nitrous and Fuel solenoids are not turning on. I have everything wired in per the diagrams supplied with the kit. The Interface I have set up as it should be. I have the LT1-LS1 switch on, the Trigger power set to on, and the + - set to off(-). That is all that should matter to the microedge. As for the microedge, I set the trigger voltage to 4.20 as at WOT it goes to 4.22, I turned the min rpm window to 0, turned off the Leanout delay. With the key to ACC the microedge powers up and says standby. Once I arm the system it says "armed" and then when I push the throttle to the floor and it says "trigger" but the solenoids do not click. First things first the ground is good as with out it the microedge turns off. The purge solenoid works when i push the button. Reason im saying that is that the solenoids use the same ground and actually splice in together. As for power the nitrous and fuel relay uses the same constant 12V as the purge relay. Because the microedge says "armed when I arm the system I know I spliced into the right wire(yellow) on the main relay. I know I got the blue wire off the main relay that is the power to the solenoids. Everything is using the same keyed 12v source.

Thats all I can think of at the moment so I anyone has ideas lets hear them.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you using an external WOT also, Maybe you got confused with the wiring there.
Is gr 1 selected for stage 1 or is it off.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can alway test your solenoids by disconnecting your interface and grounding the relay to the chassis, then try to press WOT.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the relay for the nitrous and fuel solenoids is bad. switch it with the purges or another one.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like the problem I had when I was done with the install and testing all my wiring. The purge solenoid would click but the nitrous and fuel would not. I also have them sharing the same ground.

The MicroEdge with display 'SPRAY' when the solenoids turn on. Try to lower the trigger voltage. WOT my car reads 4.41v. I set the trigger voltage to 4.41v and the solenoids would not trun on. I started messing around with the settings and lowered it 4.35v and then they started turning on. The pedal distance between 4.41v and 4.35v is practically nothing.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RealLiveMD
Are you using an external WOT also, Maybe you got confused with the wiring there.
Is gr 1 selected for stage 1 or is it off.
I have it wired in to the computer as instructed by the directions. I have got voltage and it is very consistant with its reading. As I mentioned once I arm the system the microedge says armed but once I press the pedal WOT it goes from "armed" to "trigger"..not "spray"

Originally Posted by caMnaro
Maybe the relay for the nitrous and fuel solenoids is bad. switch it with the purges or another one.
I havent switched the relays but I would tend to think the relay is good because I can arm the system but it is something to look into when I get a chance

Originally Posted by Grifter
Sounds like the problem I had when I was done with the install and testing all my wiring. The purge solenoid would click but the nitrous and fuel would not. I also have them sharing the same ground.

The MicroEdge with display 'SPRAY' when the solenoids turn on. Try to lower the trigger voltage. WOT my car reads 4.41v. I set the trigger voltage to 4.41v and the solenoids would not trun on. I started messing around with the settings and lowered it 4.35v and then they started turning on. The pedal distance between 4.41v and 4.35v is practically nothing.
I will try to the TPS voltage in the microedge. Mine reads 4.21-4.22 and I have it set at 4.20 so I will lower that to 4.15 or 4.10

Unfortunately I can't try any of this until I the microedge and interface back from HSW. I had a leaky nitrous gauge from them so I had to send that back to them so they could give me a new one and they also wanted to download new updates to the microedge and interface. So maybe mid-week next week I will have them back. But please keep the suggestions coming so that I got ideas to work with.

Thanks
Dustin
Old 06-11-2009, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

When testing my Microedge it would not test as it says in the manual(Rpm 0). What I did was have the Rpm's set at 1800 or so and the trigger off. The leanout delay was off. So, anytime the system was armed and the rpm's were above 1800 the system would spray. Next I set the trigger at a low value and tested by doing a short rev above 1800 and trigger value. System tested fine. Hopefully this will help.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02T/A-WS6
I will try to the TPS voltage in the microedge. Mine reads 4.21-4.22 and I have it set at 4.20 so I will lower that to 4.15 or 4.10

Unfortunately I can't try any of this until I the microedge and interface back from HSW. I had a leaky nitrous gauge from them so I had to send that back to them so they could give me a new one and they also wanted to download new updates to the microedge and interface. So maybe mid-week next week I will have them back. But please keep the suggestions coming so that I got ideas to work with.

Thanks
Dustin
I hope it works for you. I am trying to think if I did anything else to get them to activate but I don't think I did. The MicroEdge is very easy to use but like anything when you first start using it there is a learning curve. I know I went through all the menus several times to see if I missed anything, I'm pretty sure it was just the trigger voltage.

You can easily check the relay but swapping it with a known good one, in your case the purge relay. Swap them and see if the purge solenoid turns on.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

First off let me say the HSW products are awesome. The problem I am experiencing is that the Nitrous and Fuel solenoids are not turning on. I have everything wired in per the diagrams supplied with the kit. The Interface I have set up as it should be. I have the LT1-LS1 switch on, the Trigger power set to on, and the + - set to off(-). That is all that should matter to the microedge. As for the microedge, I set the trigger voltage to 4.20 as at WOT it goes to 4.22, I turned the min rpm window to 0, turned off the Leanout delay. With the key to ACC the microedge powers up and says standby. Once I arm the system it says "armed" and then when I push the throttle to the floor and it says "trigger" but the solenoids do not click. First things first the ground is good as with out it the microedge turns off. The purge solenoid works when i push the button. Reason im saying that is that the solenoids use the same ground and actually splice in together. As for power the nitrous and fuel relay uses the same constant 12V as the purge relay. Because the microedge says "armed when I arm the system I know I spliced into the right wire(yellow) on the main relay. I know I got the blue wire off the main relay that is the power to the solenoids. Everything is using the same keyed 12v source.

Thats all I can think of at the moment so I anyone has ideas lets hear them.
Dustin! I don't have any words of wisdom for you, but its good to see your still modding the car. Let me know when its all done, and if you have any plans to come up to skyview or another local track.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigKap94z
Dustin! I don't have any words of wisdom for you, but its good to see your still modding the car. Let me know when its all done, and if you have any plans to come up to skyview or another local track.
Hey Kyle, yup still modding haha

Yea I want to go to skyview but I just dont have a ton of time. Are you there often? The only other track I would really want to go to is Numidia with is an awesome track.

I got the stuff back from HSW today and the I lowered the trigger voltage to 4.15 being that it triggers at 4.22 and it worked. I dont know if it was because they downloaded a update to it or what but it works at any rate.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:06 AM
FormerVendor

I got the stuff back from HSW today and the I lowered the trigger voltage to 4.15 being that it triggers at 4.22 and it worked. I dont know if it was because they downloaded a update to it or what but it works at any rate.
Sounds good! Anything else just let us know.

Nick
Old 06-17-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Glad to see you got everything working. Not sure if that's programmed into the MicroEdge but it was the same with mine.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I figured I would bump this thread instead of making another one. It seems like I'm having some problems now too. If you look at my earlier posts in this thread I had everything working by just slightly lowering the Trigger Voltage. When I had the car in the shop I tested it with someone under the hood and me looking at the MicroEDGE. It said 'SPRAY' and you could hear the solenoids click. The only thing I did was turn on the lean out delay and RPM settings.

I got my bottle filled today, opened it up, purged it...nice spray of nitrous. I arm the system and take her out. Punch it in first(programmed not to spray) it felt NA, hit second...still felt NA, hit 3rd and it still feels like NA. I was in all the parameters for it to activate. Tried it again and I still couldn't feel it hit. So I when I got I home I turned off the lean-out and set the RPM to 0. Armed it, floored it...nothing.

I feel like there is something really simple I'm missing but I can't figure it out. The Trigger Voltage is still reading 4.41v WOT(I have it set to 4.30v for activation).
Old 06-26-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also wanted to mention that I lowered the Trigger Voltage even more just to see if that had anything to do with it. I set it to 3.50v and still nothing. I then set it to 0.00v so it would activate when the arm switch is turned on and still nothing.

Thanks for any help.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:13 PM
12 Second Club

maybe its not seeing your shifts...just a guess based on the info. I shift at 6100ish so it has to see 6000 and then drop 1000 in order to see the shift to think its in the next gear.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

maybe its not seeing your shifts...just a guess based on the info. I shift at 6100ish so it has to see 6000 and then drop 1000 in order to see the shift to think its in the next gear.
But why won't it activate even when I'm testing the system?

I also switched relays with the purge and it still works.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Gotta bump this again. Took another quick look at it last night and I am stumped. It has to be something simple, it was working 2 weeks ago. Is there anything I could have changed in the MicroEDGE to make it not activate? It powers up and reads all the parameters.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:38 AM
FormerVendor

Gotta bump this again. Took another quick look at it last night and I am stumped. It has to be something simple, it was working 2 weeks ago. Is there anything I could have changed in the MicroEDGE to make it not activate? It powers up and reads all the parameters.
When testing it did you make sure the 1st gear lock out was disabled?

Nick
Old 06-29-2009, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
When testing it did you make sure the 1st gear lock out was disabled?

Nick
Off the top of my head I can't remember. I'll check it once I get home.

Thanks Nick.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:04 AM
FormerVendor

Off the top of my head I can't remember. I'll check it once I get home.

Thanks Nick.
No problem. I would also make sure that your shift drop rpm is set correctly as well.

Nick

Quick Reply: Help me trouble shoot my Microedge and interface setup from HSW