Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

microedge help

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default microedge help

All I want is to spray and use the micro edge as a window switch.
I don't have the tps wire hooked up, I do have the narrowband o2 hooked, everything else is wired. I'm using one stage and the brown ground is going to the ground of the solenoids. IT WILL NOT SAY SPRAYING, IT says GR1 run and Armed.
Setup:
Widwband Stock o2
Trig mode off
rpm mid
rpm pulse 2p
Stages gr 1-4 Stage 1

Window
Reset 950
Lowest gr1
Drop 1500
Shift 4500
min rpm 1&2 3000
max rpm 1&2 6300

Delay:
Leanout off
pedal 2 &1 0 sec
Shift 2 &1 0 sec
launch 2&1 0 sec

Trigger 2 o.o
reset Disabled
min o2 0.00 even though I have the narrowband hooked up
max a/f 13.5
min a/f 7.00 lowest it would go

I don't know what's wrong, I go I hit WOT and it just keep saying armed. It's not being triggered by the rpms even though the rpms are clearly registering.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:28 PM
FormerVendor

For starters, why is the brown wire hooked to the ground on the solenoids? Please re-read the very first paragraph in the install manual. It needs to be connected to the relay that controls the solenoids, and not directly to the solenoid ground.

Second can I ask why you don't want to use a WOT switch or TPS switch?

Nick

Originally Posted by RealLiveMD
All I want is to spray and use the micro edge as a window switch.
I don't have the tps wire hooked up, I do have the narrowband o2 hooked, everything else is wired. I'm using one stage and the brown ground is going to the ground of the solenoids. IT WILL NOT SAY SPRAYING, IT says GR1 run and Armed.
Setup:
Widwband Stock o2
Trig mode off
rpm mid
rpm pulse 2p
Stages gr 1-4 Stage 1

Window
Reset 950
Lowest gr1
Drop 1500
Shift 4500
min rpm 1&2 3000
max rpm 1&2 6300

Delay:
Leanout off
pedal 2 &1 0 sec
Shift 2 &1 0 sec
launch 2&1 0 sec

Trigger 2 o.o
reset Disabled
min o2 0.00 even though I have the narrowband hooked up
max a/f 13.5
min a/f 7.00 lowest it would go

I don't know what's wrong, I go I hit WOT and it just keep saying armed. It's not being triggered by the rpms even though the rpms are clearly registering.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It sounds like you don't have the MicroEdge wired correctly. And to go along with Nick, why don't you want to use the WOT switch?
Old 06-21-2009, 01:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I actually have it wired correctly, I just mistyped it for short. I'm not using the TPS because I have my arm switch wired in series with the WOT switch that came with the nitrous kit. Therefore no signal goes to the relay that controls the solenoid without the accelerator being all the way down.

While waiting for a response, I actually wired the TPS to the blue wire on pin 24 red connector. However, it read a consistent 9.99 volts regardless of throttle position. Therefore, I disconnected it. Per the microedge instructions, the microedge should fire when it reaches the range of rpms if all else is disabled. Therefore, the TPS would be obsolete. I even checked with whoever the tech/sales rep guy that always answers the phone.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Even if I had somehow miswired it. With the microedge having power, ground and a correct rpm signal, it should have still been triggered. The solenoids would not have fired or maybe they would have fried, but the microedge should be triggering. My problem is that it won't trigger. I have triple checked the wires and taken it to the local install shop. If for some reason, the only way to trigger it is with TPS, then I need to know that..... even though as stated earlier I'm 100 percent sure that my blue wire on pin 24 didn't alter with throttle position on my 2002 Pontiac WS6
Old 06-21-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

set your windows to min:0, max:50 rpm, get under the hood and open your tb. listen for your sol. to click. make sure the box says armed then spray when you try it. mabe the wot switch isnt hooked up right, also try turning off the afr settings.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

What year is your car? The TPS wire is in a different pin for 98's.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grifter
What year is your car? The TPS wire is in a different pin for 98's.
My year is 2002. I know the solenoids and WOT switch is wired correctly. I can test the system by simply grounding the solenoid relay and pressing the gas. This bypasses the controller given the switch works by emitting a ground. Guys, I appreciate all comments but I can tell you that its wired per instructions. My other posts explain how I know. It's either I'm not entering the correct values to make the thing spray or it's not spraying because it's not being triggered by the rpms. That's why I included my settings. Hopefully someone can say oh it's simple, change this setting. As far as a/f goes, there is not an option in my menu to disable a/f. I can decrese voltage to 0 for the narrowband and I can only go down to 7 for min a/f wideband setting.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had problems getting the solenoids to activate with the Trigger Voltage set to 4.41v(pedal to the floor it reads 4.41v) I dropped it to 4.35v and it works fine. But you're not running it off the MicroEdge, your using a WOT switch.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

bump for am, HSW I need you
Old 06-22-2009, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RealLiveMD
bump for am, HSW I need you
Check your support ticket.

Nick