Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hiding Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

run the lines under the car to the driver's side. Where the nice rubber hose goes out of your airbox and goes down, at the lowest possible point, cut a small hole and run your nitrous line in and run it through that rubber hose and into your airlid. Don't make it where the nozzle sticks out. Seal up the hole real good. Makes a lot of room between the soleniod and the nozzle, but it could work.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:00 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6 GreeN
run the lines under the car to the driver's side. Where the nice rubber hose goes out of your airbox and goes down, at the lowest possible point, cut a small hole and run your nitrous line in and run it through that rubber hose and into your airlid. Don't make it where the nozzle sticks out. Seal up the hole real good. Makes a lot of room between the soleniod and the nozzle, but it could work.
Actually, this works very well if you are good with wire loom, and can be made nearly impossible to find
Old 11-21-2003, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001 Pewter WS6
Think a direct port could fit under the intake???
nah, the stock LS1 intake manifold is simply too close to the oil trough (sp?)cover. Now, plumbing a dirrect port in through the back of the manifold and using hard line inside the manifold to minimize the airflow lost is something I would like to try when I get my hands on another LS1/LS6 intake.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:50 PM
Teching In

thats a very good idea but ihave a ls1motorsports lid which has a seperate filter for the hose and u just mount it somwhere else..so my lid doesnt have a rubber hose running to it...but i never thought of that though...ne other ideas
Old 11-23-2003, 06:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CLB3RD
thats a very good idea but ihave a ls1motorsports lid which has a seperate filter for the hose and u just mount it somwhere else..so my lid doesnt have a rubber hose running to it...but i never thought of that though...ne other ideas
CLB3RD, i see u live in houston. If you want a hidden kit that cant be found im your man. It might cost a little $ to tell my secrets though....
Old 11-23-2003, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

theres a guy around here who has the battery relocated th the trunk. and has a hollowed out battery where the original one should be.all the solenoids inside the hollow battery then the line runs out of the ground terminal through black plastic to look like wire. very nice setup and very rare. takes alot of custom fab though.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you what to use a stock air lid, you can hid the noid and nozzle in the driver side air muffler. then the line can run right out of the smog pump hose. i did this for a little while but then i just moved every thing under the air cleaner and wrapped the hose in conduet after i bought a lid.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a much better way to hide it. I have a setup that you will NEVER see the switches/hose/solenoid/nozzle, nothing. This setup is designed to be for an A4 only though. Part of the setup CAN be rigged for an M6 though. I haven't done it cause I run a wet setup.
But like someone said, people that street race don't give up secrets.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tim98TA
There is a much better way to hide it. I have a setup that you will NEVER see the switches/hose/solenoid/nozzle, nothing. This setup is designed to be for an A4 only though. Part of the setup CAN be rigged for an M6 though. I haven't done it cause I run a wet setup.
But like someone said, people that street race don't give up secrets.
U bastard LOL
Old 11-24-2003, 11:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no one was able to see my hidding kit but i guess you can be even sneaker then that.