Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW! The MicroEDGE gets a buddy!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 07:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by streetassasin
since the + upgrade is an add on unit do you have any pics of it next to the microedge?
Its actually just a small rectangular driver box that gets added on. You'll want to mount this box in the engine compartment as close to the noids as resonably allowed. Its approx. 4" by 3" by 1.5" tall.

Nick
Old 09-10-2009, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Its actually just a small rectangular driver box that gets added on. You'll want to mount this box in the engine compartment as close to the noids as resonably allowed. Its approx. 4" by 3" by 1.5" tall.

Nick
On the cars with coil covers this will work great and keep the nice tidy look we all like. keeping the hoses, wiring, noids along with the sister box can make for a stealth look as picture below, all below the FRC. Although this pic has blk shrink tube, as requested it was changed to plastic loom to mimick stock plumbing, but either way, IMO looks good. Everything is nicely concealed under the FRCs, so they do come in handy, lol. Edelbrock now has a set of FRCs that are blk and raised Edelbrock which is a great look for those looking for better than stock plastic FRCs, as IIRC, they are aluminum?

Robert
Old 09-12-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

so this is pretty much the "all around" nitrous controller. a guy really woulnt need a fuel pressure safety switch at all right?

besides not being analog to plug into computers or external screens i say its an awesome product, ill probably be placing an order.

are these hard to hook up btw? i have a wot switch, thats all, so i need the saftey stuff and this looks like all of it in a box
Old 09-13-2009, 01:16 AM
Teching In

just ordered mine
tine to run the progressive 275
Old 09-13-2009, 05:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by zacht
so this is pretty much the "all around" nitrous controller. a guy really woulnt need a fuel pressure safety switch at all right?

besides not being analog to plug into computers or external screens i say its an awesome product, ill probably be placing an order.

are these hard to hook up btw? i have a wot switch, thats all, so i need the saftey stuff and this looks like all of it in a box
I dumped mine in favor of the a/f shut down feature and had my LM1 already so went wide band route, so I would say correct not needing a FPSS if using the correct features.

Yes an awesome product, to get close to the features you would need to spend like 700/800 bucks. the screen is adequate and we can configure to show what parameters we would like to see. You can even dump your wot SW if you like, or keep it, and use the built in TPS.
Robert
Old 09-19-2009, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

I hope this fits in the same spot as my old dynotune 2 stage window switch. Its a tight fit but it is stealth and hidden. Do you have the dimensions on this? I might pull the trigger soon.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How does the box do under the hood with all the heat??
Old 09-20-2009, 06:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BakaN20
I hope this fits in the same spot as my old dynotune 2 stage window switch. Its a tight fit but it is stealth and hidden. Do you have the dimensions on this? I might pull the trigger soon.
They are 5 1/2 by 2 inches. I have seen a couple in dash f-body mounts that were very trick. below is a couple mounts I came up with for different locations in the Vette, as we don't have a lot of real estate.
Originally Posted by bigboy576103
I would say, as with all modern electronics it should handle reasonable heat quite well. I did a test some time back when I started mounting solenoids directly on the heads years back. the testing came about due to a vendor crying that you can not run your noids there as it's too hot and you will ruin them, lol. proved him wrong, lol. I took a pro quality heat gauge gun and checked temps all over the engine bay. I even took and rubber isolated the noids from the head. well the results were this, basic same temp any where in the engine compartment and noids stayed the same basic temp mounted directly and/or isolated. Our cars run so hot, remember late model we are taking about, that it evens out under the hood and everything becomes hot. the funny thing, the vendor now sells mounts that go directly on the head, lol. that's why i don't think it will be a concern, the makers of electronic products know the heat range the late EFI cars can see and they engineer this in to their products. Now of course i am not saying to mount any electronic product directly on to the block, LOL, just giving an idea that it gets hot under the hood everywhere.
Robert

Old 09-21-2009, 09:37 AM
FormerVendor

Well here's the thing...we wanted a controller that you could change relatively quickly. That's why we implemented 3 saved file settings. Say you were coming home from the track. You have your file loaded with a first gear lockout, delay, etc. Well you're on the highway and some asswipe wants to run...if you didn't have the microedge you're **** outta luck because you're stuck with first gear locked out and your nitrous won't activate until the next gear change. With the microedge we purposely wanted people to mount it within arms reach. With the command of a few buttons you can switch files to something that suits your needs for the conditions you're running. Could you imagine if you had something mounted under the hood? Man that asswipes girlfriend would be laughing at you the whole way home...lol not that I endorse street racing because I do not.

You guys think just the microedge is nice, wait until you see some of the cool things the + offers

Nick
Old 09-21-2009, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

How does the wiring for the + work? I have my microedge hooked up to the interface that hooks up to the solenoids, will it still work ok?
Old 09-21-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I sold some stuff laying around the house this weekend so i can purchase mine lol... not there just yet ..
Old 09-22-2009, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SkullV
How does the wiring for the + work? I have my microedge hooked up to the interface that hooks up to the solenoids, will it still work ok?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:25 PM
FormerVendor

Interface should be hooked up to the relay not the solenoids. You will need to change a few wires, but nothing crazy.

Nick
Old 09-22-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Interface should be hooked up to the relay not the solenoids. You will need to change a few wires, but nothing crazy.

Nick
That's what I meant...to the relay. will the 3 wires going from the Microedge to the engine bay stay the same or will I be running more wires from the original microedge box?
Old 09-22-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just ordered mine!!! cant wait!!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Nick
Well here's the thing...we wanted a controller that you could change relatively quickly. That's why we implemented 3 saved file settings. Say you were coming home from the track. You have your file loaded with a first gear lockout, delay, etc. Well you're on the highway and some asswipe wants to run...if you didn't have the microedge you're **** outta luck because you're stuck with first gear locked out and your nitrous won't activate until the next gear change. With the microedge we purposely wanted people to mount it within arms reach. With the command of a few buttons you can switch files to something that suits your needs for the conditions you're running. Could you imagine if you had something mounted under the hood? Man that asswipes girlfriend would be laughing at you the whole way home...lol not that I endorse street racing because I do not.

You guys think just the microedge is nice, wait until you see some of the cool things the + offers

Nick
Nick, if I am not mistaken I believe he was refering to the box you rec under the hood?
Robert
Old 09-24-2009, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

That's what I meant...to the relay. will the 3 wires going from the Microedge to the engine bay stay the same or will I be running more wires from the original microedge box?
Some of them will change, however its simply cutting them in the engine bay and reconnecting to the new box. Nothing crazy. I will shoot you over some instructions as we get closer to the release date.

Nick
Old 09-24-2009, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Robert56
Nick, if I am not mistaken I believe he was refering to the box you rec under the hood?
Robert
Missed that, thanks. Yes 100% good to mount the box in the engine bay. I would recommend to mount it close to the solenoids, but on the body of the vehicle. There are lights on the unit to aide in diagnostics, and functioning.

Nick
Old 09-24-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool and since you mensioned lights does the controller have a bachground light or is it one that i will have to keep a flashlight around to see it?
Old 09-24-2009, 03:53 PM
12 Second Club

I sold some stuff laying around the house this weekend so i can purchase mine lol... not there just yet ..
lol I sold my extra kit to buy this, Im gonna order sometime before the 30th