Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delay when i spray

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 02:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Delay when i spray

I have basically a pieced together kit from a bunch of companies but everything is installed correctly and on proper relays. I have a digital msd ws and wot switch. I had a walbro fuel pump that took a **** and now the stock one is back in there for now. When i activate the nitrous and go wot the car hesitates and then takes off like a bat out of hell. I have a good a/f ratio on the nitrous. It went 11.57 at 119.5 at 8000da. It runs good but has that delay that is driving me nuts. Is it a possibility that my injectors are being robbed of fuel when the initial solenoid opening occurs? I know i need a another walbro fuel pump, but do you think that will solve my issue?
Old 09-03-2009, 05:11 AM
TECH Regular

Do you purge before you spray? Consistent bottle pressure?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Yes i purge and anywhere from 950-1000
Old 09-03-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Regular

If you jump the Full throttle switch, and bring it up on revs with a little bit of throttle and then hit it for a second, does it stumble? This is all stationary, of course.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

I have the same issue, with my NXL kit.. turn on the switch, then I go to WOT, and its like it has a slight hesitation, almost like its a drive by wire truck.. lol.. but when it comes on, its strong.. just that lil deal at first bugs me too..

I was running on a stock pump, just installed the Racetroix, with hot wire.. So we will see if that helps.

Last edited by 02_ramair_ta; 09-04-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Need to learn to spell...
Old 09-04-2009, 11:32 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 505OUTLAWZWS6
I had a walbro fuel pump that took a **** and now the stock one is back in there for now.
I would definitely swap the pump back once you get one. What is your kit all composed of? Shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to help.

Nick
Old 09-06-2009, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

I've had thish same problem, and I've got it down from what seemed like a full second, down to a fraction of a second.

What I feel was happening was fuel was delayed in making it to the spray (wet kit)

My system is wet plate, here are the things that helped reduce the hesitation issue:

1. Racetronix fuel pump
2. Increase fuel pressure
3. Decrease shot size
4. Decrease length of lines from the solenoid to the plate
5. Go from getting the fuel from the stock rail, and getting fuel from the main feed to the Motor, T-ing off before it gets to the rails
6. Going from -4 to -6, then to my new rubber hose fuel setup that feeds to the fuel solenoid.
7. Revamping all fittings/lines that could be a bottleneck

Lastly,
8. I went to Nitrous Outlet's Fbody plate system with hardlines, and its feeling better than ever...

All these items that i have listed either provided more fuel to the solenoids or the shot required less fuel making the fuel system spike less harsh - making the hesitation less harsh.

When watching the wideband, the car would go lean 14.5 - 15.0 (fuel lean spike) very quickly, then go into the mid-high 10's and even itself out 11.8-12.4ish after I got going.

Honestly, you just need to make sure the Nitrous system can get the fuel it needs, when it needs it and try to keep the lines as short as possible from the noids to the plate.