Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Gasket selection

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Head Gasket selection

I'm lining out the last of the details so I can put my car back together after Brian finishes my heads in the next couple weeks. I'm not sure what the best approach will be for the head gaskets. I've done several searches on the subject but I wanted a Nitrous specific answer as I think it may change the desired setup a little.

I have an iron block 410ci (due to the 4.040" bore). I was told the motor will easily take a 400shot. Im only going to run it at about a 175-200 shot on a single stage for now. once i get everything worked out with the setup I may add another kit and give it as much as a 300 but that is much as I would ever plan to hit it with. 200-250 will more then likely be my max with it.

Callies 4" dragon slayer crank
Lunati 6.125" pro billet rods
4.035" -8cc Weisco pistons
4.040" bore size
pistons sit .006" above the deck
ARP head and main studs

I had planned to run a .040" thick gasket to get a tight quench but I came across a post in this section that has me second guessing that. Im also not sure how much over the bore size I should go with the gasket. I've seen people say everything from .030 to .100"+ over.

The motor should be pretty stout TEA TFS235's, 12:0-1, cam in the 25X*/26X* range but it is in my "street" car that sees some weekend and good weather duty. so its not a dragstrip/Nitrous only motor, because of that Im wondering if I should stay with a tighter quench. the extra heat generated by the tight quench may not be as big of an issue since this isnt a track only car that will see a big shot every time it goes out.

what gaskets would you guys recommend, both for the bore diameter and thickness?

Thanks for the help

Stuart
Old 09-08-2009, 12:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody? this is