Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV on a nitrous motor.....bad idea?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default PCV on a nitrous motor.....bad idea?

I think it's safe to say we all agree that oil in the combustion chamber is something to be avoided when using nitrous. So should we be running PCV systems at all? I just clicked over 1k miles on my motor. I peeked in my fast 92 last night and although it was minimal at best, there's a very light film of oil on the floor of the intake....just enough to show up on a white rag. This is with a breather in the valve cover and newer ls6 valley cover w/integrated PCV valve. Is that enough oil to be of concern? Would like to hear some opinions from folks spraying bigger hits (200+) on this issue. Discuss.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, with your crankcase vented you eliminated any chance of an overpressure in there. So thats no problem.
I did the same thing, vent on my valley cover port and vent on my drivers side valve cover. My PCV line and PCV valve is attached to my passengers side valve cover vent port, so it draws from there. But I also reduced the flow through that PCV line to about 1/4 strength by simply obstructing the line.
Works perfectly....zero oil burn now and no more oil going into the intake at all. A light pull of crankcase gasses is all you need, especially when its vented like yours is.

Quick Reply: PCV on a nitrous motor.....bad idea?