Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to this

Old 09-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to this

ok guys im pretty new to the idea of nitrous but i found myself very interested in it lately, iv read the stickys and i just have a couple questions. I have a 97 z28 with 124k and i only want to run a small shot like a 75-100 shot but i want it as safe as i can get it should i go with wet or dry? Do i need to tune it a little rich for a small shot and if so can it be tuned to run normally when im just driving. Its not my daily driver but i dont want it tuned like im gonna be spraying it every time i take it out. What do yall think?
Old 09-24-2009, 03:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shedijames
ok guys im pretty new to the idea of nitrous but i found myself very interested in it lately, iv read the stickys and i just have a couple questions. I have a 97 z28 with 124k and i only want to run a small shot like a 75-100 shot but i want it as safe as i can get it should i go with wet or dry? Do i need to tune it a little rich for a small shot and if so can it be tuned to run normally when im just driving. Its not my daily driver but i dont want it tuned like im gonna be spraying it every time i take it out. What do yall think?
There are a couple of different ways you can accomplish your goals. I wouldn't go more than a 100 shot dry on stock injectors w/ minimal mods. If you do injectors, than its a completely different ball game. Neither one is going to be safer than the other...safety comes with the manner in which its used and the person using it. If you get all of the safety accessories and don't use it foolishly, you'll be 100% fine. As for the tune, that will depend on timing. Do you know if your timing has been advanced any? Shoot me a PM and I can help put together a nice package for you.

Nick
Old 09-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Everyones opinion will be different on the wet / dry thing. My opinion would be to go with a wet system. We offer several systems for the LT1 cars and currently have the best plate on the market for them.

To do what you are wanting which is to run max hp/setup for N/A and have the max potential setup for nitrous you will need to get a MSD Digital 6 or a Mallory unit. That away you can runn max timing on n/a and when you ativate teh kit have the boxes pull the appropriate amount of timiing needed for the nitrous

-Chris

Search this Thread