Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another stockish ls1 nitrous question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 08:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default another stockish ls1 nitrous question.

I have a ls1 with all ARP fasteners (rods, main studs, head bolts) and Fel-Pro M.L.S. head gaskets .053" thick. Otherwise stock everything else. Now for the obvious question, how much can I safely spray and should I spray a wet or dry shot?
Old 10-05-2009, 10:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can safely spray up to a 150 shot. Make sure you have enough fuel system, spark plugs and tune.
As for wet or dry everyone has there own opinion but mine is this. Using the factory LS1 pcm you can not beat a properly designed and tuned wet system.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.
Dave
Old 10-06-2009, 10:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^what he said
Old 10-06-2009, 12:44 PM
FormerVendor

What kind of fuel system to you have going on? I assume this is an ls dropped into one of those trucks.

Wet or dry doesn't really matter. If you have stock injectors and dont want to upgrade you might want to stick with wet. If you have larger injectors, dry works just as well on any setup regardless of the computer being stock, especially running our interface controller. Changing switches is easier than changing jets. You also gain the ability to pull timing with it. Nothing else on the market compares to our wet plate kit and our dry kit works just as well.

All depends on what else you have going on in your setup. Give us some more detail.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by v8sten
I have a ls1 with all ARP fasteners (rods, main studs, head bolts) and Fel-Pro M.L.S. head gaskets .053" thick. Otherwise stock everything else. Now for the obvious question, how much can I safely spray and should I spray a wet or dry shot?
150hp would be about the max i'd go if you have stock pistons. IMO i'd suggest going WET
Old 10-07-2009, 11:05 PM
9 Second Club

as far as fuel system i havent got that far yet. (It is going in the blue 1st gen s10) I have to build the entire fuel system. Im thinking going with a walbro or aeromotive a1000 if funds are available. other wise if i go the "cheap" rout ill use a newer sending unit with an upgraded fuel pump. I do not plan on replacing the injectors. I still have to buy the ecu and wiring harness. i was thinking going to nelson performance to get the ecu with a tune installed already. i believe they use hp tuners. the reason why i ask is cause i have alot of nitrous stuff for the black 2nd gen s10 and i was thinking of using the cheater kit and adapting it to the ls1. you know just in case. i am fairly new to nitrous but not completely oblivious. im just new to ls1's and fuel injection. im used to old school carb'd **** like in my 2nd gen. so any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks