Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how are you spraying (WOT switch, button, etc)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 05:47 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default how are you spraying (WOT switch, button, etc)

hey, im thinking about switching my zex box over to solenoids. what do you think, is this a good idea? i mainly want the engine bay to look cleaner w/ out the box and i heard that they can freeze up or something. i would prob just buy some solenoids off ebay and run them in place of the box. how hard is it to spay using a button on a 6-speed car? right now it is set up on the WOT swich and i really like it. can i set the solenoids on a WOT switch too?
thanks
Old 10-25-2009, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I switched my zex box to the HSW Sudden Impact conversion kit. For activation I use the HSW Microedge controller. It uses your TPS for activation just like your Zex.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the key on a 6speed car is to have a WOT switch and window switch. You want it to spray only at WOT and a range of RPM's. Say 3k-6k rpm that way if you miss a shift or over rev the motor your not spraying the nitrous and running the risk of blowing the motor.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1curt
hey, im thinking about switching my zex box over to solenoids. what do you think, is this a good idea? i mainly want the engine bay to look cleaner w/ out the box and i heard that they can freeze up or something. i would prob just buy some solenoids off ebay and run them in place of the box. how hard is it to spay using a button on a 6-speed car? right now it is set up on the WOT swich and i really like it. can i set the solenoids on a WOT switch too?
thanks
Yes you can switch out the zex box. I haven't heard of them freezing or anything like that. Make sure you run a relay with the solenoids you purchase off ebay. Its easy to wire up and you can grab a diagram off our instructions page. I would suggest taking it off of a push button and run a WOT/TPS switch in conjunction with a window switch. You don't want to accidentally activate it outside your RPM window. Take a look at the microEDGE to handle these duties.

Nick
Old 10-26-2009, 09:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can do the noids through Ebay, or go with the sure thing: http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/prod...cat=136&page=1 with the Mircroedge.....
Old 10-26-2009, 09:53 AM
10 Second Club

Let me give you some honest advice from someone who has built nitrous kits and been in this situation before. By the time you piece everything together, you wind up spending the same amount of money that you would if you just bout another kit without the bottle. Plus you get brand new parts that won't fail (this is critical especially for solenoids).

My recommendation would be to just go ahead and buy the Harris plate kit. I got one cheap with their last sale, and there is a reason so many people on here talk them up; because they work! In regards to activating the kit, the Microedge is awesome. I can't stress how good this thing works, money well spent! even if you don't get the Harris kit, I would still buy the Microedge.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:37 PM
8 Second Club

ok, thanks for the info guys. i was thinking of getting these. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tab%3DWatching

and then hook it up to a WOT switch and have a window switch.
what do you think?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

What do we think? Get a microedge and some brandname solenoids and call it a day
Old 10-26-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Another vote for the Microedge! Includes the TPS Switch, window switch, and PLENTY of safety features.

As far as the Brand X parts, i dont have personal experience with them, but if N2O Outlet sells em(They are a Vendor here), then they cant be bad.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Yes the Brand X solenoids are some of our parts. They come with the same lifetime warranty and will flow up to 200 HP.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:44 AM
9 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

Look into the brand x wet kit with a digital window switch. You will have a brand new kit and everything you need.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:11 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Sofls1
Let me give you some honest advice from someone who has built nitrous kits and been in this situation before. By the time you piece everything together, you wind up spending the same amount of money that you would if you just bout another kit without the bottle. Plus you get brand new parts that won't fail (this is critical especially for solenoids).

My recommendation would be to just go ahead and buy the Harris plate kit. I got one cheap with their last sale, and there is a reason so many people on here talk them up; because they work! In regards to activating the kit, the Microedge is awesome. I can't stress how good this thing works, money well spent! even if you don't get the Harris kit, I would still buy the Microedge.
Might be another one approaching for the holidays

Nick
Old 10-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

I activate my system via the TPS feature on the Black Series P gauge
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...9&product=2886

For what you are looking to do i'd suggest our window switch.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...25&product=964
Old 10-31-2009, 08:15 AM
12 Second Club

hsw conversion and the microedge
Old 10-31-2009, 08:45 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

HSW has noids for $85 plus shipping on ebay. I bought them and LOVE them! They have a purge outlet right at the noid so you have a full line purge if you choose! The brand X also look good but saving $20 and getting as good or better of a product was why I went HSW!

Quick Reply: how are you spraying (WOT switch, button, etc)