Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Nitrous Nozzle

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why? because nozzles work fine?

plates can be restrictive and not atomize as well?

i am failing to see why a valid statement is apparently a joke to everyone.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plates arent restrictive AT ALL, there is nothing there to restrict anything whatsoever, and they are known for being the best atomizing option there is ? maybe thats why everyone is giving you ****...
Old 11-16-2009, 07:58 PM
11 Second Club

i wish i could find some of the posts ive seen about people switching back to nozzles.

honestly though a nozzle is all you will need...my car runs 12.2's on the motor (never had the valve covers of) and 11.2's on the spray...just a dynotune kit...nothing fancy, and i tune it with HP tuners, so no shops, no dynos.

i was thinking about upgrading to a plate and a controller, but my setup works just fine.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:57 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On the original topic of the nozzle being mounted the way it is.... Horrible idea. That coupler is soft plastic and despite being supported by the TB and lid at both ends it is still soft. Squeeze it in the middle and I guarantee that it squishes. When it squishes from 1050ish PSI hitting it that fishing line is not going to hold. That is definetly going to get sucked into your engine and hopefully not do any damage. On the other hand if one of those screws attached to the coupler comes loose and is ingested into your engine you are done.

The way you have the nozzle it also sticks way too far into the intake tract. You have it jammed so far in there that it is actually becoming a restriction to you intake manifold. There is a specific distance that a nozzle should stick into the intake tract for proper atomization and inhibiting it from becoming a restriction. I have it in a book at home. I'll look it up when I get off.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fury_786
i wish i could find some of the posts ive seen about people switching back to nozzles.

honestly though a nozzle is all you will need...my car runs 12.2's on the motor (never had the valve covers of) and 11.2's on the spray...just a dynotune kit...nothing fancy, and i tune it with HP tuners, so no shops, no dynos.

i was thinking about upgrading to a plate and a controller, but my setup works just fine.
Youre a ******* idiot. The old man has a plate on the camaro with no problems and a ton of the faster lt1s in the world are running Nitrous Outlet plates. You have your facts backwards.

Single nozzle 50-150 hp
Plate 150-500 hp(depending on plate size)
Fogger/Direct Port 500-1500 hp

Keep your idiot posts to yourself if you dont know what youre talking about. Your bucket might pick up a couple tenths with a plate.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:05 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BSmiff
Youre a ******* idiot. The old man has a plate on the camaro with no problems and a ton of the faster lt1s in the world are running Nitrous Outlet plates. You have your facts backwards.

Single nozzle 50-150 hp
Plate 150-500 hp(depending on plate size)
Fogger/Direct Port 500-1500 hp

Keep your idiot posts to yourself if you dont know what youre talking about. Your bucket might pick up a couple tenths with a plate.
I hope you aren't trying to say that you can spray 500 through a plate on a LS style intake. Other than a single plane anyway. I wouldn't spray anymore than 2-250 tops. I don't care who tells you how well they atomize and distribute. Any idiot can see that the front cylinders are not going to get the same amount as the middle and rear cylinders will...
Old 12-16-2009, 12:07 AM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just some food for thought on that nozzle idea. I'm trying to bash here, just some food for thought. 1, I hope to God you loctites the **** out of those nuts that hold those perimeter screws in place otherwise if one loosens up, bye bye engine. 2, lets think about how many wet kits are installed in LS1s, i'd be willing to say almost 10% of the guys on here have had or currently have a setup like that, were all those nozzles in the wrong place? 3, Look at how your nozzle it attached to the elbow, theres nothing stopping the nozzle from coming out in the event that the sealant break loose, now before you spray your car take your bottle out, put it on the floor, hook up the feed line, FIRMLY hold the loose end of the feed line a couple inches back from the fitting, crack the bottle open a half turn for a second and feel how much force is exerted, that force is going to come through the nozzle......think about it. People have sprayed big hits through a single nozzle installed in a conventional position myself included, i've done about a 240 and Juicin sprayed a 300 for a period of time on his white car a couple years back. It's by far not the smartest idea but it can be done (Jucin sprayed his car like that for a while if I remember and blew his intake once)
Old 12-16-2009, 04:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You saying that you sprayed 240 through a single nozzle and your friend sprayed 300 through one too? What kind of nozzle was it?
Old 12-17-2009, 01:18 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAKED
You saying that you sprayed 240 through a single nozzle and your friend sprayed 300 through one too? What kind of nozzle was it?
NX Shark Nozzle, Obviously you need to upsize the feed line to a SHO line from the noid as well.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The pressure behind that nozzle is most likely going to blow that fishing line right out of there, and probably remove the nozzle for you as well.. If i were you, i would either go back to the adapter, or step up to the money maker if you want it stealthy. I dont think risking the motor is worth it, unless you plan on going built soon.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow. I don't think that's a wise idea my friend. I see where you're going w/ the concept, however I'm afraid this is one area of your modding that shouldn't involve any mickey mouse engineering. Save the fishing line for the bass and go buy yourself a plate, for it'd be a shame to have some $5 dollar Stren cause a $2000 dollar mistake.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

for gods sake don't run that car with that thing in there.. i would think just the air going into the engine would be enough to wiggle that thing loose, let alone 1000psi of nitrous pressure helping out.

Quick Reply: My Nitrous Nozzle