Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous newb with questions about my setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 06:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous newb with questions about my setup

I've never been into n2o in the past - mostly FI (see sig)... however, i recently picked up a '99 covette that has a Nitrous Outlet 150 shot system, controlled by a NOS Laucher progressive LCD controller (with the LCD screen).... The previous owner went over the whole thing with me, but i still have questions and i can't contact him until after work - so for now, i thought i'd throw something up here..

Now, i'm a little bit confused on how this all works... I've attached a crappy diagram of the switches the previous owner had installed, and would like some clarification...

Switch 1 turns on the the system and teh Launcher controller, etc.
Switch 2 is the first stage
Switch 3 is the second stage (which is non-functional - he had it for future use)
Switch 4 is the bottle heater
Switch 5 is the purge
Switch 6 - not so sure, i don't remember what he said it was, but its a much smaller switch
The "45" is the bottle pressure readout - i just put 45 as an illustration - what would be the proper bottle pressure?? just so i know

Now, my question is this... If the NOS Laucher is setup correctly and is setup to come in at "X" rpms and ramp up (yada yada yada), do i flip the switch for the first stage while sitting still or while cruising down the road normally, and then let the Launcher controller do all the work from there...??

I don't quite recall if its set to work on RPM, but i'm almost positive it activates the n2o under WOT... currently its setup to come on .5 seconds after WOT at 50% and over the next 1 sec. ramp up to 100%.... However, my question still remains... am i right in assuming that you don't flip the switch when you want the n2o injected - instead, you flip it initially, and then let the controller do the work as to when the n2o is actually injected into the engine???

Also, there is a window switch (box) in the glove box... why is there a need for this with the Launcher?? I know its basic purpose, but i don't really know how to set it or anything .... And like i said, i'm not 100% if that Laucher works off RPMs also or not - i have to read up on it more...

I really do apologize for the ignorance, but i'm really excited to learn more about n2o and my system specifically... can't wait to use it, but i wanna know that i'm using it right!!!

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Nitrous newb with questions about my setup-n2o-setup.jpg