Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nitrous/fuel question

Hey guys, I got your basic fuel/nitrous question. Here's the facts

1. 04 ZO6
2. LS6, 6 speed
3. good size cam/and full bolt-ons
4. about 430 to the rear wheels=all motor
5. stock fuel system

So heres the question, I want to run a 150ish wet shot. But I think my fuel system is close to maxed. I was thinking a walboro 255, but I don't think it could support 625ish RWHP. And I don't want to cut it that close. But I also don't want to spend a fortune on a nitrous fuel system. What is appealing about nitrous is it initial cost per HP. If I'm going to spend thousands on custom fuel systems and a kit then I would consider other avenue's.
Thanks......
Maybe It wasn't clear, I'm looking for advise on a fuel fix for a 430ish N/A with 150ish wet shot. Total 575-625ish RWHP. Has to be streetable.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

When I say streetable I mean road trips. Like an 8 hour trip or something like that. So no boost-a-pumps, I've heard they really push the pump to the max and they burn out relatively quick. And I'm not interested in big custom fuel systems with returns and all that. And no custom or cutting on the factory fuel tank.
But if I can't make it work from the car tank then I may do a stand alone with a 1 gallon cell up front. And thats a whole nother bag of worms.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To be honest with you having the 04 and at the power level you are at you would be better off with one of our dedicated fuel systems. I know thats not what you are wanting to hear but it is the best option for you.

By the time you purchase the dedicated fuel system and the nitrous system with accessories doing it right you are probably going to be close to the 2000 dollar range.. Even at the 2000 dollar range you can not beat 150 hp for 2000. There is not another mod that can compare.

I would be happy to spec you out a copmplete system if you would like
Dave
Old 02-03-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks Dave, I'll check out your site and see whats going on. I was actually looking at one of your kits for the vette. Whats the difference in the nozzle vs plate kits ?? Does one hit harder, easier to tune, atomize better etc... ??
Thanks for the input
Old 02-03-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks, It looks like my choices are dual 255 in tank or stand alone fuel system. I hear the dual in tank kit can be wired up differently. One way being duals pushing together all the time (in series) or have the secondary pump come on line when the nitrous system is brought on line. What about these choices, does anybody have an opinion on these ?? thanks for the info...
Old 02-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having kind of the same winter thoughts. I have the racetronix pump in my vette that makes 495 rwhp and was thinking of putting a 150 dry hit on it. It's my daily driver and my wife drives it too so I don't really want to get into putting a bunch of stand alone stuff all over it. Not sure how to handle it yet...I was thinking of puting a boost a pump on it run off a relay and see if that would work. Just looking for a cheap way out. I'm interested to see where this thread goes...if anywhere.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Regular

Are there any drop in pumps that are bigger than 255 ??