Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Controller Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous Controller Help

I bought a car that has a NitrousOutlet wet kit on it, and it didn't work, so i've been working on trying to find out why....

I have TRIPLE-checked everything, but can't figure out what's wrong... it is a single stage wet kit, with a NOS Launcher LCD controller.... The kit turns on and the standalone fuel system turns on when the first toggle switch is flipped... also, the idle on the car dips down a lot, then recovers, so please keep that in mind throughout this, as i don't know why it would do that... any ideas???

When i get into the "Monitor" screen on the Launcher controller, it reads the RPM properly, but it shows Stage 2 as being "Armed".... I don't understand this, as there isn't a stage 2, and the stage 2 ground on the controller box is disconnected as it should be... When you flip the toggle switch for the first stage, it the LCD should read that Stage1 is "armed" but i get nothing at all....

As i said, i have checked the wiring time after time, and can't find what's wrong... The only thing I have left is that the positive (+) and ground on the nitrous and fuel solenoid's could be backwards... I took it for granted that they were correct, as there are no markings on them anywhere as to which wire is which... I'm assuming they are right, but can anyone tell me which side (right or left wire when looking at the solenoid) should be the (+) and which should be the ground - both n20 wires are blue and both fuel wires are red

ANY help anyone can lend would be greatly appreciated! I'm lost as to why this darn thing doesn't work properly..Thanks!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:47 AM
FormerVendor

where are they pulling the rpm signal from?

The solenoids are not polorized so there is no hot or ground side to the coil. So that's pretty much out of the question, but are you sure everything is hooked up as the diagram? Shoot me a PM with a quick layout of how its hooked up.

Nick
Old 02-16-2010, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
where are they pulling the rpm signal from?

The solenoids are not polorized so there is no hot or ground side to the coil. So that's pretty much out of the question, but are you sure everything is hooked up as the diagram? Shoot me a PM with a quick layout of how its hooked up.

Nick
Thanks, i'll send a PM
Old 02-16-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Regular

here's the diagram i made... hopefully my memory serves me right, as I am at work and i can't guarantee this is how its wired... but i'm pretty sure this is it......
Attached Thumbnails Nitrous Controller Help-nitrous-setup.jpg  

Quick Reply: Nitrous Controller Help