Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick question about freeze filling

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default quick question about freeze filling

got my set up for refilling my own bottles...just have one last question in which i keep getting mixed answers

freeze small bottle, connect mother bottle....can you over fill small bottle?

ive heard yes (which makes sense) but ive also heard since its frozen basically, you cannot overfill the small bottle

Thoughts?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Absolutely you can over fill the bottle. Years ago the shop I went to get my bottle filled was one of the only fill stations in a big radius. He used to over fill the bottles because guys would drive a long way and they wanted to squeeze ever bit of juice in they could. Well one time the guys had the bottles release because they warmed up and blew the safety valve.
You MUST weigh the bottle and only fill it till it weighs it's max.

They freeze filled also.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

thats what i thought, didnt make any sense any other way...thanks for confirmation
Old 03-04-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bottles are only designed to safely take that much of anything... 10lb bottle means it will hold 10lbs of nitrous safely. I had an issue back in like 2003 where an Auto Zone or Checker (can't remember which one) filled my bottle - guy said he put thirteen pounds in it which I was skeptical about...

Long story short the second I put heat on it the burst disc blew and I had to call the store back to get a new fitting and for it to be refilled. They paid for it but had the burst disc failed it could have been very dangerous/deadly.

Not to overdramatize the situation but is having an extra pound or two worth your life? Be safe when filling it up