Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Timing Twister pulling timing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Timing Twister pulling timing?

My timing NA is 27* and I am using a timing twister which should pull a few degrees of timing while using the nitrous. I was on a dyno last weekend and the timing they logged NA and with the nitrous is 27*. Luckily there was no knock.

The instructions say when the LED is flashing it is is using the pass through timing but if it is solid (which happens above 1800rpm) it says it is controlling the timing.

My first issue is why the tuner logged the same timing. My second question is if the LED being solid above 1800 rpm means it is controlling the timing then why does this happen when the system isn't even armed?
Old 03-10-2010, 05:55 PM
10 Second Club

Smile

Originally Posted by ZOH SIX
My timing NA is 27* and I am using a timing twister which should pull a few degrees of timing while using the nitrous. I was on a dyno last weekend and the timing they logged NA and with the nitrous is 27*. Luckily there was no knock.

The instructions say when the LED is flashing it is is using the pass through timing but if it is solid (which happens above 1800rpm) it says it is controlling the timing.

My first issue is why the tuner logged the same timing. My second question is if the LED being solid above 1800 rpm means it is controlling the timing then why does this happen when the system isn't even armed?
i use the twister also.the way msd told me to test it was to hold motor at around 2000-2200 then set twister to pull like 5-8 degres and activate twister.you will feel the motor pull it self down as the timeing is pulled.not sure about why tunner was seeing 27?.hope this helps some what.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Teching In

That's perfect. I'll give it a try with and w/o the nitrous armed and see what happens.