Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nozzle Modification

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nozzle Modification

I had a random idea for a nozzle modification. I couldnt find any info on anyone doing anything like this before or how exactly a nozzle works, so this may be a stupid post.

Anyway my thought was to take a straight nozzle like pictured, tap the end for a fitting some steel tubing (unsure on size as this is just an idea).

As pictured, placed just like a regular 90degree nozzle, but now the the shot would be directly in the middle of airpath to the throttle body, instead of being offset to one side of the bellow as with the 90degree...

Let me know your thoughts...also please no posts on "just run a plate" I would like comment on if this will throw off some kind of atomization process of mixture of the nitrous and gas, causing a possible lean or rich conditions.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

if it aint broke, dont fix it...
Old 03-11-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think that would cause some distribution issues going into the motor unless there was something in the throttle body to disperse the nitrous so it would hit all of the cylinders.

From the diagram it looks like it would just shoot straight to the back of the motor and cause an issue.

Also I don't know if your dimensions are intentional but if you're looking to spray anything over a 35 shot the diameter of the tube you're using after the actual nozzle will severely cripple your flow of nitrous. *Oh* I just saw you were unsure on size. I would think it would have to be the same size as the opening of the actual nozzle in order to be anywhere near effective.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Launching!

So how exactly do the nozzles dispurse the nitrous and fuel? Do they have a fogging effect? Or spray out in a particular pattern?

If it were to use tubing of the same diameter, and with a flared tip would it be able to disperse correctly?

The whole reason i posted is to see if this is a good idea that may need a little more engineering to be worthwhile.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel like fuel would probably freeze inside that tube. I would also be worried about the tubing coming off and ending up beating around inside a cyl.