Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some advice

I'm thinking about putting some nitrous on my 98 formula. I've posted on a couple other sites just looking for as much feedback as i can get. I know i'm going with a wet system and just starting out small probably 50-75shot. Right now i'm looking at some of the kits from nitrousoutlet.com, just wondering if anyone has used either of these kits

#22-81001 and #00-10000-10... i know with these kits i'm going to have to also get the window switch and a few other things.

right now the car has LT headers, manual cut-out, k&n, SLP lid, msd wires, NGK tr55 plugs, mail order tune, previous owner said it has a mild comp cam but couldn't give me any specs, and 3.73's.

any input would be greatly appriciated!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Take those tr55's out of there and put in br6ef. You really don't need a window switch since you have an auto. Might want to get a timing device to pull timing because you won't be shooting a 50-75 shot for long. If you haven't already upgraded you fuel pump, you need to.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what all would i need to run a button or switch to actually spray instead of using the WOT switch? and for the timing device what would you recommend?
Old 03-11-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

In your first post you say window switch and in your second post you say WOT switch. Those are 2 different switches. WOT switch is a microswitch you can put on your TB to activate the nitrous only at WOT. Window switch is mostly used for six speed cars to turn the nitrous on and off at certain rpms. You can use a WOT switch so that it only sprays at only at WOT, make sure you put in arming switch too to arm/disarm the nitrous system. I use the lingenfelter box on my car. It plugs into the main plugs in the coil packs which makes it an easy installation you also have to find the tach wire coming out of the pcm and connect it to the box.