Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you all think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 06:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What do you all think?

Just a quick question fellas. I recently installed the Nitrous Outlet Halo Kit on my car. I did some logging last night with a buddies predator to see where my timing is set at. Once I hit WOT, all the way up to 6200 where I shift at, the timing stayed a constant 23.9. I figured the timing would be near 28 or thereabouts. I know every car likes different amounts of timing though. My question is, with the timing that is in it, will I be safe to spray a 100 shot through the Halo bar as long as the A/F is in check? I plan to start with a 50 shot and work my way up. Also, could there be any power being left on the table wit my current tune? The car seems to run good and it put down 387/384 cam only with the mods in my sig.

Thanks guys
Old 04-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Stock timing in the cars should be 26*. On your testing where you logging the car N/A or on the juice. With the car having the timing that it does you should be able to spray the 100hp shot on the car easily. if you wanted to be more on the safer side i would pull about another 2-3* out.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:12 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the response Chris. I was logging the car N/A to make sure what the timing actually was before I sprayed it. I also logged some runs with the "resistor mod" and it dropped the timing down a full 3*. I went ahead and sprayed it and the car did just fine, pulled well. I expected my tune to have more timing in it than it did but I guess my car must not have made any more power with more timing in it.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

With the resistor mod pulling an additional 3* you should be fine.