Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous not activating

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
I went from brand new shitty NOS solonoids to HSW solonoids last week. The nitrous inlet had a mesh screen and apparently when I put the fitting in, it crunched up the screen and blocked the fitting....when I went to go use the kit, everything was working but no power...took that screen out and I was back in business.

is your controller saying standby when the power is on? then flip the switch, armed and WOT trigger?
Well I have been using the kit for a few months without any problems until just recently.

The controller says standby when it's on, it says armed when I flip the arming switch and when I go WOT it says spray.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

Bumping this as I got the same problem.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 89ROC-Z
Bumping this as I got the same problem.
You also have a microedge? Your solenoids just kinda stop working?
Old 05-17-2010, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default conect wire

Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix99
Yes, I am using HSW solenoids. I don't recall if there was a mesh screen or not though.
make sure all wire are conect well , because i had the same problem and i found one of wire are not conect
Old 05-17-2010, 12:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by same o'j
make sure all wire are conect well , because i had the same problem and i found one of wire are not conect
I'll check em again tomorrow, was it a wire on your nitrous solenoid?
Old 05-17-2010, 12:29 AM
TECH Regular

You also have a microedge? Your solenoids just kinda stop working?
Yep just got it buttoned up tonight. The only things i'm changing from the default settings are my tps value to 4.10, max rpm for stg 1 to 5600 and the min rpm for stg 1 to 0. arm the system it says armed, go wot and it says Spray but the noids don't do anything. And yes i've checked my wireing
Old 05-17-2010, 12:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 89ROC-Z
Yep just got it buttoned up tonight. The only things i'm changing from the default settings are my tps value to 4.10, max rpm for stg 1 to 5600 and the min rpm for stg 1 to 0. arm the system it says armed, go wot and it says Spray but the noids don't do anything. And yes i've checked my wireing
Hmmm see mine was working fine for awhile but just didn't work one day when I tried to use it. All my settings are correct on the microedge, almost the same as yours. I tried to PM Nick at HSW but got no response, also tried opening a troubleshooting ticket on their website but they havn't responded to that either. Hopefully someone will chime in with a suggestion
Old 05-17-2010, 12:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you weighed the bottle? HAve you opened the valve out of the car with nothing hooked up to see if its actually nitrous coming out? I had this problem saturday, had 950+ pressure but car didnt feel like it was spraying. checked the mciroedge 50 times, finally pulled the bottle out and weighed it and it had 3 lbs in it, opened the valve and it was 95% air. Filled the bottle and it hit hard like it used to. My stupididty i just underestimated how many dyno runs the tuner put on the car since the bottle was filled.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:19 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Have you weighed the bottle? HAve you opened the valve out of the car with nothing hooked up to see if its actually nitrous coming out? I had this problem saturday, had 950+ pressure but car didnt feel like it was spraying. checked the mciroedge 50 times, finally pulled the bottle out and weighed it and it had 3 lbs in it, opened the valve and it was 95% air. Filled the bottle and it hit hard like it used to. My stupididty i just underestimated how many dyno runs the tuner put on the car since the bottle was filled.
Well the bottle SHOULD be damn near full, I only made a few short bursts with the full bottle before I started having problems (This was over a period of several days though). I will weigh the bottle tomorrow though just to be sure.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea you never know, could be a bad fill, empty bottle, or just a leak somewhere. make sure you crack the bottle open to see if nitrous comes out.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:44 PM
FormerVendor

Hmmm see mine was working fine for awhile but just didn't work one day when I tried to use it. All my settings are correct on the microedge, almost the same as yours. I tried to PM Nick at HSW but got no response, also tried opening a troubleshooting ticket on their website but they havn't responded to that either. Hopefully someone will chime in with a suggestion
Sorry but I don't recall getting a PM from you. I got one from the other guy in the thread but can't find one from you. Not a big deal. I think you both might be suffering from different issues with similar symptoms, unless some of your settings have changed recently? Have you verified that they are indeed correct? I highly doubt both solenoids would go bad at the same time unless both were open for an extended amount of time without any liquid flowing through to cool the coils. I would look for an interruption in either the ground or hot side. If you can't find anything, try opening the coils manually by hitting the hot and ground wires to the battery terminals. If they pop, they're working. Just make sure you're not in an area where you could potentially have nitrous or fuel spray on you when you do this. And if nitrous does spray into the motor when you do this, DO NOT START IT until the nitrous has time to disperse. Let's start there and work our way out. Shoot me another PM so I have a record of it. Thanks.

nick
Old 05-19-2010, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default window switch

I'll check em again tomorrow, was it a wire on your nitrous solenoid?
no , its the window switch wire
Old 08-08-2010, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

hey guys
i have a noz 15982 2 stage wot window switch and i cant get it to activate my system
ive ran through all the settings but i cant get it to turn stage 1 on it only want to have stage 2 on but its wired for stage 1 only what the deal ?
Old 04-12-2011, 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

up top. Did you ever figure out your problem? I am having the same problem and cant figure it out. I am about ready to get rid of the microedge and just do a WOT switch
Old 04-14-2011, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
up top. Did you ever figure out your problem? I am having the same problem and cant figure it out. I am about ready to get rid of the microedge and just do a WOT switch
I think my problem was I had the relay wired incorrectly. But I also had a loose wire (brown wire from the microedge I believe). Check all your wires where you use a connector and pull on them to make sure they don't come out easy.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:56 PM
11 Second Club

I fixed mine. My controller stage 1 fried internally so I just changed it all to stage 2 and it works.

Quick Reply: Nitrous not activating