Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Nitrous

I just purchased my 3rd f-body, I sold a couple things of mine to start saving up a little cash for something new on the camaro. I have a 02 camaro z28 35th anniversary. The only mods she has right now are ls6 intake man, tune, slp loudmouth 2, and ported polished tb. I have always been interested in doing a nitrous oxide system and now have the time and money to follow threw with it. I have never ran nos before and am a first time user, was thinking about a small nitrous shot. What do you all think and what information on the numbers ill be looking at. Thanks
Old 05-11-2010, 05:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really comes down to your choice on numbers. I say do atleast a 100 shot that will be a good hit and you will love it. I have known people to run a 150 shot on stock cars but I would atleast upgrade fuel pumps for that much. As far as kits I would personly go with 1 of 3 kits.

n20 outlet
harris
nitrous express

I like the wet kits that way you have less chance of leaning out. And the plate kits are are real nice due to how much cleaner they look and sure you get a little better hit with them. Just make sure you pull a little timing and get some safety features like window switch and switch and some n20 plugs. I am going by the 2 degrees for every 50 shot.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Definitely a wet system, & like Billy suggested, a plate system for an easy, clean install. I'd recommend upgrading the fuel system even for just 100 shot, since you have a couple of bolt-ons, & it will allow you to go up to 150 shot. Upgrade the pump to a 255lph and a Racetronix Hotwire Kit. Next, definitely a tune to pull some timing, or a unit like the Lingenfelter. ( 2 degrees for every 50 of spray) Fuel pressure safety switches & window switches are great for that extra degree of safety. Also, some colder plugs like the NGK BR7EF.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the world of N2O -- one of the best mods I ever made to my ride was the 10 lb bottle in the back.

As stated above, both dry or wet would work, however I prefer wet kits because of the tunability. I wanted an "idiot proof" setup, so I went with a NX wet plate kit tied into a Mini progressive controller. Simple open the bottle, arm the system and put the pedal to the floor -- the controller handles all the rest (wide open throttle switch, window switch, progressive ramping to help with traction on the streets, etc.).