Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First N2O install

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First N2O install

Ok guys this is my first time spraying and installing N2O kit on a car and i need a little guidance if you will. My car is a 99 z28 and i will be using hptuners to tune it. I came across a good deal a while go for a 15 lb bottle, 15 ft feed line, bottle heater and some comp car solenoids (fuel,N2O and Purge). I finally bought a window switch (trick performance digital window with wot switch). I know i have to mount the bottle in back run the feedline up to the engine bay. Then mount the solenoids and have the nozzle spray in somewhere. What would be the easiest place for me to spray into. I dont want to buy the plate conversion because it is expensive, i do have a 90 degree nozzle fitting though. I also believe i need a pressure switch for the bottle heater unless you guys dont think it is necessary. i will post pics of everything i have to later tonight to make it easier for you guys. To sum this up I guess would be:

1. What is the easiest and cheapest way to inject N2O in my car with what i have(or if i need to buy some things i will)
2. What is the easiest and safest way to route my feedline.
3. Do i need a pressure switch for the bottle heater
4. I can wire this up no problem because i am an electrician so not a concern
5. Do i need anything else besides a gauge that was not listed above

And above all thanks for any help you guys give me
Old 05-13-2010, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

here is the pics of my set up
Attached Thumbnails First N2O install-may13_0002.jpg   First N2O install-may13_0003.jpg   First N2O install-may13_0004.jpg  
Old 05-13-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by massconfusion
Ok guys this is my first time spraying and installing N2O kit on a car and i need a little guidance if you will. My car is a 99 z28 and i will be using hptuners to tune it. I came across a good deal a while go for a 15 lb bottle, 15 ft feed line, bottle heater and some comp car solenoids (fuel,N2O and Purge). I finally bought a window switch (trick performance digital window with wot switch). I know i have to mount the bottle in back run the feedline up to the engine bay. Then mount the solenoids and have the nozzle spray in somewhere. What would be the easiest place for me to spray into. I dont want to buy the plate conversion because it is expensive, i do have a 90 degree nozzle fitting though. I also believe i need a pressure switch for the bottle heater unless you guys dont think it is necessary. i will post pics of everything i have to later tonight to make it easier for you guys. To sum this up I guess would be:

1. What is the easiest and cheapest way to inject N2O in my car with what i have(or if i need to buy some things i will)
2. What is the easiest and safest way to route my feedline.
3. Do i need a pressure switch for the bottle heater
4. I can wire this up no problem because i am an electrician so not a concern
5. Do i need anything else besides a gauge that was not listed above

And above all thanks for any help you guys give me
1. look at other setups, if you have a smooth bellow id put the nozzle in that with a nozzle retaining nut.
2. you can runt he feedline under the car or under the carpet and through the firewall if you have enough hose
3. dont need a pressure switch as long as you have a pressure gauge that you can watch and trust yourself to monitor it.
5. might wanna look into a purge kit, helps get rid of air in the lines and if the pressure gets too high you can bring it down to where it has to be. also want a blow down tube if you expect to run at a track if they check for it.

also id wire the solenoids off the car and make sure they open and close before hooking everything up since they look older.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Since you have wet kit, the nozzle will have to be placed after the MAF.
2. Easiest way to route the line would be under the car. Safest would be under the carpet.
3. Pressure switch is not completely necessary but I HIGHLY recommend it. I think it also provides for easier use as you don't have to keep checking your gauge to make sure your bottle doesn't overheat.
5. There are other items that you may want to pick up for safety reasons. I would read the stickies at the top of this forum. Loads of information where I've learned a lot too.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:56 PM
11 Second Club

I have the bottle pressure switch and a fuel pressure switch just to ease my mind. A purge isnt necessary but definately helps out.

I have always ran my long lines under the carpet, since i got a hole in the one I ran under the car.

There isnt a problem with running a nozzle that I have found (on smaller shots) when I had one on my car along time ago. A plate would be better distibution for a bigger shot, if you decide to do so.

Good luck with the install and like I told you on the phone, you will LOVE it.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks guys. I have a purge line and noid its in the pic. So from what i understand is run the feed line in the car, i can put the nozzle in my intake tube just after the maf and get a pressure switch and pick up tube. than ks guys this what i was looking for. Oh and smoke check your inbox be shipping out on monday with ups i think. I'll get you the tracking number, my brother is more or less doing it though cause he has shipped big stuff before. later bro