Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with zex wet kit and window switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with zex wet kit and window switch

I'm new to the nitrous game and i need help trouble shooting my system. I have th 82026 ls1 wet kit from zex. I hooked every thing up per the instructions, and then wired in the zex t/c window switch #82085. My problem is the solenoids in the management unit wont come on. The man. unit has the green light, and i have tried the window switch tach signal set up in the indiv. coil per cyl. and coil packs that fire in pairs, and both ways i get a good tach reading. i don't know what to try next, help please!!!!!!!!!!
The kit is on a 02 ws6 ls1 6 spd

Last edited by jtsta02; 06-01-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: forgot some info
Old 06-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Have you set up the TPS feature of the Zex kit by chance??
Old 06-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Default zex

yes, i set the management unit up first with the tps, and checked it. It seemed to fire fine alone at wot, but now that i have put the t/c window switch in, nothing. i have even tried changing the tach setup in the t/cws, and i get the correct tach reading both ways( i have it wired in to the plug going to the pass side coil set). 30 min on the phone waiting for a zex rep today, and he told me that i might need to redo the ground for the man. unit. If the ground was good enough for it to fire without the ws, why wouldn't it be good enough now? The ws and the man. unit are grounded in different locations. Any and all help wil be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:01 PM

i dont know if you have this, but first dubble check the set up. Most stuff like this is over looking somthing stupid. Use this link http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInst.../249-82085.pdf
Old 06-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

hey, thanks for the help, but i got a good friend of mine to help me trouble shoot the setup, and we found that the connection at the tps was bad. Didn't take long, just took more than 2 hands. thanks again!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Glad you figured it out....Now it's time to go have fun!!!!

Quick Reply: need help with zex wet kit and window switch