Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Second Fuel Pump fo Nitrous Setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Second Fuel Pump fo Nitrous Setup

I want to run a 150 wet shot on my car but I was thinking of ways to do it without needing a tune. I know some guys that have a seperate fuel pump for the fuel solenoid that is turned on either when the system is armed or thru a window switch. This way youre always sure you have enough fuel in as well and dont risk running lean. Thing is I havent seen this type of setup for a late model LS car. Has anyone here done that, has that or uses that type of setup? and, how well has it worked?

Btw, I would just use a timing controller to pull some timing.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C5natie
I want to run a 150 wet shot on my car but I was thinking of ways to do it without needing a tune. I know some guys that have a seperate fuel pump for the fuel solenoid that is turned on either when the system is armed or thru a window switch. This way youre always sure you have enough fuel in as well and dont risk running lean. Thing is I havent seen this type of setup for a late model LS car. Has anyone here done that, has that or uses that type of setup? and, how well has it worked?

Btw, I would just use a timing controller to pull some timing.
There are two ways to provide fuel needed for a wet nitrous system.

1) Pulling the fuel off your factory fuel rail. This requires a that your pump has the capacity to support your nitrous fuel enrichment as well as your NA requirments.

2) A stand alone system.

Heres what our stand alone looks like.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...ls.php?id=1483

The advantage of this is you can run High octane fuel to combat detonation and keeps your primary fuel system only supporting you NA requirments.

If anything doesnt make sense or you like the standalone idea PM or give me a call.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fuel delivery and fuel octain is not a replacement for the correct tune up. Timing, airfuel,fuel octain, and spark plug choice all play a role in having a safe tune up.

Now if you need more fuel pump to supply the fuel that is a different story. A racetronix system is good for about 650 rear wheel horse power. If you are over that level I would suggest looking into our dedicated fuel systems.

We offer a drop in system specially designed for the corvette. There is nothing on the market that compared to the fitment or quality.

I have one for the C5 sitting on the shelf ready to ship.

Here is a link to our systems.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...=24&section=73

Dave
Old 06-17-2010, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thnx guys. Both your systems look real nice. At the moment Im running a mix of 30% e85 w/ 91 in the car. Octane level is around 95. Do I just use 91 with a stand alone system or high octane fuel? Btw I use colder spark plugs as well because Im at 12:1cr with a forged bottom end.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would use a high octain in the standalone that is one advantage to having one. If you are going to use E*% you need to make sure everything in the system can handle the E85.

Dave
Old 06-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Here are some install pics of our Vette Dedicated

Quick Reply: Second Fuel Pump fo Nitrous Setup