Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rookie standalone ?'s

Old 06-19-2010, 07:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rookie standalone ?'s

I am totally new to Nitrous but am trying to learn. I have searched but have not found the answers. I am considering the NMCA Street Race class.

What is the main purpose of a standalone system?

Can I use the factory fuel tank and use a regulator to reduce the fuel pressure since I will be using a carb?

Thanks
Old 06-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

The reason for a stand alone fuel system is if you don't have enough fuel supply with your current fuel system. With a high hp motor set up fuel demand is already very high. Then if you install a high hp nitrous system it can be very hard to keep pressure and flow.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:32 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And with a Standalone you have the ability to choose fuel pressure settings. Also, the tank gives you the ability to run race gas to feed the dope kit and you can run pump gas or w/e on the motor.

Tony.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subsribed
Old 06-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by CanuckSS
I am totally new to Nitrous but am trying to learn. I have searched but have not found the answers. I am considering the NMCA Street Race class.

What is the main purpose of a standalone system?

Can I use the factory fuel tank and use a regulator to reduce the fuel pressure since I will be using a carb?

Thanks
The main purpose of a Stand alone is to ensure that you are 100% covered for fueling on any giving shot while also have the ability to run 100% race gas instead of a mixing in the stock tank. A stand alone ( Depending on Regulator used ) will also allow you the ability to adjust the fuel pressure to fine tune the nitrous setup whether it be low or high pressure.

You can use the factory tank but will need to change the pump and lines from front to back to do it right.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
The main purpose of a Stand alone is to ensure that you are 100% covered for fueling on any giving shot while also have the ability to run 100% race gas instead of a mixing in the stock tank. A stand alone ( Depending on Regulator used ) will also allow you the ability to adjust the fuel pressure to fine tune the nitrous setup whether it be low or high pressure.

You can use the factory tank but will need to change the pump and lines from front to back to do it right.

Thanks for the response. Would I still need a standalone system if I changed the entire tank? What about if I was running a carb?
Thanks

Search this Thread