Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous switches

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous switches

is it possible to use the factory radio switches as switches for the bottle heater,purge,opener, and nitrous?
Old 06-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could probably set that up if you were willing to give up the use of the radio.

Basically hollowing out the radio out and then running new wires out from the switches.
I demand a small video if you do this tho. Best of luck on it.

Also Their are a lot of ways to hide or keep the switches clean if that is the goal. Let me know if you have anything you need a hand with our just wanna toss around some ideas.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i put in an aftermarket radio so i dont have the wheel switches working with anything so i thought it would be pretty cool to setup the wheels switches for the nitrous setup. Dont need to fabricate any new panel or buy new switches as long as it will work? I got a buddy that does wiring ill see if hell give me a hand and see if it will work i guess. Anything i should know?
Old 06-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 19ls1ta99
well i put in an aftermarket radio so i dont have the wheel switches working with anything so i thought it would be pretty cool to setup the wheels switches for the nitrous setup. Dont need to fabricate any new panel or buy new switches as long as it will work? I got a buddy that does wiring ill see if hell give me a hand and see if it will work i guess. Anything i should know?
Its not something I have ever personally tried but as long as the switches will hold the amp draw I dont see why not.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

I've seen people use the defrost to activate the heater and use the traction control switch for activation. As stated above as long as the swtichs will hold the amp draw for what you are wanting then you can use them with no problem.