Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn.. Bottle went empty?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Damn.. Bottle went empty?

I'm PO'd. Today was the day I was going to spray for the first time. I changed out to the br6ef plugs and when I went to place my newly filled bottle of 2 weeks ago it felt real light. I put the bottle on the scale & it says 15lbs. I lost 9 lbs. since I tested out the noids for function & to which I found 2 leaks along the way by the filter hookups (it was not tight enough). I tightened all that up at that time & it looked good. I took out the bottle & left it in the garage until today. I know I may have lost few lbs when testing the sytems but not that much. How to check for slow leak without filling bottle with nitrous? I did close the valve when I stored it. Its a brand new bottle. The bottle only has a blow down tube & a pressure gauge attached to it.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:48 PM
11 Second Club

That sucks, I lost my first fill right when I was about to spray it for the first time because the burst disc ruptured prematurly on me. You said you have a gauge on the bottle? You still have pressure? try dunking the entire head of the bottle in a bowl of water or bathtub and look for bubbles.

Edit: just realized it sounds like you lost it all. You dont have to have the bottle filled completely, maybe a pound or two, see if the store will let you use their bathroom sink or spray some soapy water around the fittings.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jeepers_88
That sucks, I lost my first fill right when I was about to spray it for the first time because the burst disc ruptured prematurly on me. You said you have a gauge on the bottle? You still have pressure? try dunking the entire head of the bottle in a bowl of water or bathtub and look for bubbles.

Edit: just realized it sounds like you lost it all. You dont have to have the bottle filled completely, maybe a pound or two, see if the store will let you use their bathroom sink or spray some soapy water around the fittings.
Yea I'll try that this weekend.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by rambodog
How to check for slow leak without filling bottle with nitrous?
You can have someone put a air nozzle w/ runnber nipple on the hose while you spray the connections with soapy water. If there is a leak newhere it will bubble.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had that happen to me twice with liquid filled NOS gauges. It's definately enough to make a person mad. Hopefully you get it figured out.